Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork shoulder internal temp?  (Read 6015 times)

DTrainMike

• Smokey Joe
Re: Pork shoulder internal temp?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 09:11:22 AM »
We really enjoy ours.  Check out the website. We get a 15lbs share every month. You pick it up, we pay $135/month. You get a mix of chicken, beef, pork and lamb. I like it a lot because I don't have to think about what to buy. You get what you get and your menu gets built based on what you receive each month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »
$9/lb for some chicken?
Still need a 22” yellow

DTrainMike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 03:51:25 AM »
Yeah, I know. It's cheap steak and expensive chicken! With out sounding too much like a pompous ass... Besides meat, your paying for knowing exactly how, where and who is raising the animals. You're helping to preserve the art of small scale farming. "Some chicken" is what I feed my kids and guests.

There.  I know to some others that sounds like a bunch of crap. Out side of that I love grilling, beer, college football and fart jokes just anyone who pays $1.99/lbs for their chicken.!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
"You're helping to preserve the art of small scale farming."

THIS ^^^^^

....could very well be the future...... 8) 8) 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »
Yeah, I know. It's cheap steak and expensive chicken! With out sounding too much like a pompous ass... Besides meat, your paying for knowing exactly how, where and who is raising the animals. You're helping to preserve the art of small scale farming. "Some chicken" is what I feed my kids and guests.

There.  I know to some others that sounds like a bunch of crap. Out side of that I love grilling, beer, college football and fart jokes just anyone who pays $1.99/lbs for their chicken.!

Point well made.
Still need a 22” yellow

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 06:48:33 AM »
I haven't done a slice pork shoulder, just pulled pork, but I usually take mine to an internal temp of like 200 - 205 and then wrap it and let it rest for an hour.

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »
@bbquy  run the temp up a little on the high side.....like above 275 by a tad, then the stall goes more quickly & you can also foil wrap right at that point & it will push the cook faster thru that stall time....

Have a grate cookup !!!!

@1buckie Thanks for the advice. I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

@1buckie When I did the butts this time I smoked them between 275 - 300. I did not run into a stall on 3 out of the 4 butts. On the one that did stall it only lasted about 1/2 hr. Thank you again for the advice....It worked great and the butts finished up a few hrs early!!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 09:03:09 AM »
How often do you guys probe for doneness, once you are up to temp? Don't want to open the lid too much.
Still need a 22” yellow

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 07:24:11 PM »
I have a temp probe that stays in the meat through the whole smoke. Check out these websites http://www.thermoworks.com/products/alarm/chefalarm.html
I also use a IGrill 2 that connects to my Iphone
http://idevicesinc.com/igrill/igrill2/
Once it is up to temp I will check a couple different spots on the piece of meat. In addition when I'm checking a piece of steak or chicken that im grilling I use a Thermopen. It only takes up to 3 seconds to get the temp.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:26:44 PM by bbquy »