Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear  (Read 26918 times)

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
Re: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2015, 05:31:26 AM »
...if this product is anywhere near as good as the smokenator I know I'll love it...

Yep, you're gonna love it.  ;)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2015, 08:56:14 AM »
Ordered on Thursday delivered today - impressive, of course it shipped out of the midwest so it didn't have to travel far.

@ABCbarbecue

The unboxing

The steel is very thick

Going to give her a test run today to smoke some poppers and brats.  Can't wait.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
Awesome to see you got your Slow 'N Sear in time to use for the weekend @LightningBoldtz.  I can't wait to see pics of your cooks ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:58:16 PM by ABCbarbecue »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »
I am too lazy to upload pics but my first cook consisted of 15 lit coals in the bottom a load of used coal and some lump on that. 

I was smoking brats first so I had to keep it low under 200.  I was very impressed with the ability to keep the temp, probably a combination of the kettle, the water and the S n S but once I set a temp it stayed for a long time.  After that I dialed up the temp for some poppers,  very responsive to vent adjustment again, I am not giving the SnS all the credit, I think the kettle itself played a role.  That said, I am really going to like this thing.

I would like to test the 4 hours on a quart theory from what I saw, I am not so sure.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2015, 05:51:02 PM »
We just got a review published on AR and have been working overtime this weekend to get a decent landing page to help folks quickly get an idea of what the SnS can do.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2015, 06:15:27 PM »
I would like to test the 4 hours on a quart theory from what I saw, I am not so sure.

@LightningBoldtz a quart of water will last over 5 hours when cooking at 225F.  The reservoir is designed to slowly boil the water so you get the right amount of steam for an extended period of time.  Check out this video.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
Yeah, my test was far from scientific, I saw your launch page, I think a main point too many on this site and an appealing part of your product is never banking hot coals against the side of the kettle.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »
Yeah, my test was far from scientific, I saw your launch page, I think a main point too many on this site and an appealing part of your product is never banking hot coals against the side of the kettle.

I hear ya.  With the landing page we're catering to a large audience, many of whom are newer to charcoal grilling, so it's meant to be a quick read and high level.  Can't get everything in there. 

Iiwelshii

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2015, 06:15:15 PM »
Just purchased my second weber, a 26. This thing is HUGE! What better way to keep it in great shape and get great results. SNS ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iiwelshii

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2015, 08:52:59 AM »
Has anyone done any test on differences in temp from top rack and putting something on the bottom rack for more room?

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2015, 09:47:22 AM »
Has anyone done any test on differences in temp from top rack and putting something on the bottom rack for more room?

The bottom rack will run about 70F cooler than the top rack.  You can get a lot of food on a 26" kettle.  I'm not sure you'll need the bottom rack.

I do know a competition BBQer that uses both the top and bottom rack and get's the bottom rack much closer in temp to the top rack by placing a large water pan over the SnS.  I'm not sure if that's all he had to do, or if there was another trick he had to use to make it work.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2015, 09:51:06 AM »
@LightningBoldtz - Where's da cookz?  See what I did there? ;)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2015, 10:36:36 AM »
@ABCbarbecue more to come, I purchased it and took off on vacation

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2015, 11:18:42 AM »
Have fun @LightningBoldtz

While we wait.  A customer's burger cook
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:03:18 AM by ABCbarbecue »

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »
As I played with the concept & looked @ make Exp. Metal back strap;
I noticed this thing is effectively DOUBLE BURNER Vortex!

I just order (#450) from ABC & play with an EM bottom idea that @Hogsy has

@ABCbarbecue  Thanks for your service David
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE