Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear  (Read 26086 times)

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
Re: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2016, 09:45:47 AM »

Nope...not me...

Tom

OK well you should have your tracking # and ship notification emails by now anyway.  8)

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2016, 03:41:55 AM »

Nope...not me...

Tom

OK well you should have your tracking # and ship notification emails by now anyway.  8)

Is it better to order off of your website or off of Amazon?

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2016, 06:57:31 AM »

Nope...not me...

Tom

Yep..got them. Says it will deliver today so fingers crossed...

Thanks again!

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2016, 08:34:51 AM »

Nope...not me...

Tom

I just ordered off of Amazon.  It was too easy.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2016, 08:48:08 AM »

Nope...not me...

Tom

I just ordered off of Amazon.  It was too easy.

We love Amazon sales because the reviews help drive more business, but we make a few dollars more when folks use our website.  So basically either spot works great!  Regardless of the way you purchase, all Slow 'N Sears ship Fedex Ground from our warehouse in Louisville.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:30:06 AM by ABCbarbecue »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2016, 10:34:46 AM »
Here's a question. Is it important to use water in the slow & sear or could I leave it empty?

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »
Here's a question. Is it important to use water in the slow & sear or could I leave it empty?

Most of the time I cook with the reservoir empty because most of my cooks don't need a water pan (think steaks, chicken thighs, burgers, etc...).  For low and slow smoking at temps up to 300 F I'll use water in the reservoir.  Temps above that I usually don't fool with it even if I'm cooking a big piece of meat like a turkey or chicken.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
Thank you.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »
Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a heads up that tomorrow we're changing the price of the Slow 'N Sear from $79.95 to $89.95.  We're facing the usual culprits...  several increasing fixed costs that have made the old price point impossible.  We feel the Slow 'N Sear is still a great value at the new price.  It's still made from 5 pounds of 304 stainless steel and it doesn't rust or wear out.  For anyone on the fence that wants to buy at the old price, today's the day! ;)

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2016, 04:00:14 PM »
hmmmmm

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »
April Fools???!!!  :-\
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2016, 06:30:19 PM »
Nope this isn't an April Fools joke.  Price goes up tomorrow, but you still have a little time to purchase at the old price.  We're giving you a heads up as you guys have been great to us and we want to give any WKC regulars that were "in the market" a chance to get in while the price is still $79.95.  8)

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »
I'm happy with mine! Thanks for a great product! It's definitely been worth the price of admission...it's made me question the need for my WSM....naaaah...but it has been very cool indeed.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2016, 05:40:15 AM »
As promised, my test is going on. I received the SnS on Thursday (thanks again @ABCbarbecue for the quick shipping to allow it to arrive on time). First impression was how solid and heavy this thing was. I read that it was 5lbs of stainless and I guess until I actually had it in my hands, really didnt realize what that really meant. Now, to the cook..I had planned on getting up early this morning but had a late night and didnt crawl out of bed until around 7a with all the prep on the pork butt still to do (I trim, inject and rub right before it goes on). With that being said, I really did appreciate how much quicker it was to get this thing going as opposed to the snake method I usually do. I followed the instructions that came with it starting to start with a starter cube and a dozen briquettes in the corner and wait for them to  white over before adding a full chimney of unlit charcoal to the remainder of the area. I also added the quart of hot water to the water reservoir.

Once I hit the desired temp (book says between 150-175) I closed the bottom vent down a little and closed the top vent 1/2 way)

(Excuse the mess, this is my dedicated "Smoking" lid as I got tired of cleaning vents.

I will update the post with how it is going and will continue to monitor it. So far it seems to have settled around 235 or so (which is where I am wanting it). Lets see how long it holds it and if I need to refuel during the cook.

So far pretty impressed. but wont be able to tell if it will replace the snake method for me or not just yet.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2016, 07:51:31 AM »
About three hours in and the meat is at 120 degrees and the kettle is running 237. Good consistent temps for sure so far.