Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear  (Read 26091 times)

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
Re: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2016, 01:13:21 PM »
Ok, that's too bad!  I need a bit more convincing I guess.   Will it make my grill easier and quicker to use?   I am busy and that's the one complaint I have about charcoal grilling is there's a bit more setup time in getting going.   I do have a Performer with the gas assist and a chimney.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »
   Will it make my grill easier and quicker to use?   I am busy and that's the one complaint I have about charcoal grilling is there's a bit more setup time in getting going.

IMHO  ...  Maybe Yes, maybe No ...

You must look at what your cooking for your family.
    Burgers, steaks, fish, etc.  let's call these categories Med-High heat, some cooked directly & some cooked indirectly.  Probably not needed regardless of how high a quality accessory it is  ...   and it is high quality.
    Ribs, Pork-loin roasts, brisket, etc. usually called Low heat cooks (need extra time to break down fiber).  Possibly useful since it takes less time to fill with coal, to start the startup coals, and far easier to re-fill water pan and/or coal holder.

One side note:  The current cost of this accessory is probably less than the cost of a pair of bone-in rib eye roasts.  The SnS, along with a good Maverick 732 would cook those roasts to perfection :)                           SJ

"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2016, 02:33:49 PM »
Ok, that's too bad!  I need a bit more convincing I guess.   Will it make my grill easier and quicker to use?   I am busy and that's the one complaint I have about charcoal grilling is there's a bit more setup time in getting going.   I do have a Performer with the gas assist and a chimney.

are you cooking foods that have ZERO prep time?
Light the grill first, then prep your food. By the time your food is ready to be grilled, the charcoal will be ready.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2016, 05:32:59 PM »
The Slow 'N Sear is made from 5 pounds of stainless steel.  It doesn't rust and it doesn't wear out.  You'll only need to buy one, ever.  They're made in the USA and each one is manually welded by hand.

And all that would mean nothing if the Slow 'N Sear didn't work amazingly well.  Luckily, it does!  OK, it wasn't luck, it was a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that went into the design.

Anyway, look at our reviews to get an idea what our customers think, and know that we are on the internet pretty much around the clock to answer any questions you have.  We'll teach you how to cook if need be. 8)  We enjoy that part of it so don't feel like it's an inconvenience to ask us anything.

When you put that all together I think the Slow 'N Sear is a very strong value. 

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2016, 07:35:15 PM »

are you cooking foods that have ZERO prep time?
Light the grill first, then prep your food. By the time your food is ready to be grilled, the charcoal will be ready.
Agreed. Sorry to be offtopic, but if your using a chimney starter and lump charcoal... The only reason your waiting for it to be ready is your doing things in the wrong order.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2016, 04:12:32 AM »
Quote from: MeatAndPotatos

Agreed. Sorry to be offtopic...

I'm not really sure there's an off topic for this thread ;)

SoupDogg77

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:37 AM »
I am a new Slow n Sear owner, used it for 3 cooks so far, a pork butt, a brisket and leg of lamb and it's fantastic. When I first learned of it, I wasn't completely sold, but I pulled the trigger and don't regret a thing, solid product, works great, couldn't be more pleased.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2016, 05:33:37 AM »
I am a new Slow n Sear owner, used it for 3 cooks so far, a pork butt, a brisket and leg of lamb and it's fantastic. When I first learned of it, I wasn't completely sold, but I pulled the trigger and don't regret a thing, solid product, works great, couldn't be more pleased.

Thanks @SoupDogg77!  If you haven't already, would you mind leaving us an Amazon review?  They really help!

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2016, 08:19:40 AM »
Had some Amazon cash and went ahead and pulled the trigger. I have been using the good old snake method for quite some time so I am looking forward to seeing if this will give me the consistent temps and long "low and slow" cook times as it does. Looks really well made so hopefully it will arrive in time for the weekend so I can give her a test run on Sunday.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2016, 08:42:03 AM »
Thanks @indy82z!  Should ship today.  If indy is for Indiana you might get it Thursday.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2016, 09:09:32 AM »
Thanks @indy82z!  Should ship today.  If indy is for Indiana you might get it Thursday.

Awesome..thanks @ABCbarbecue . I am actually in Ohio, Indy is for my Indy Pace Cars I used to have..

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2016, 10:17:21 AM »

Let us know how it goes.  I am still in the debating stage.  I use the snake method and get along pretty good with it.   So am interested how much you like it!  I do a lot of grilling chicken also.....and I think it might make the indirect grilling a bit easier.   I would just leave it in there. 

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2016, 10:40:31 AM »

Let us know how it goes.  I am still in the debating stage.  I use the snake method and get along pretty good with it.   So am interested how much you like it!  I do a lot of grilling chicken also.....and I think it might make the indirect grilling a bit easier.   I would just leave it in there.

Will do...I am really looking forward to it. The worst thing about the snake method is the time it takes to layout the charcoal so if this works as well, it appears as though it will definitely save some time with that. I plan on doing a pork butt on Sunday so as long as it arrives in time, I will report back with the results.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »

Will do...I am really looking forward to it. The worst thing about the snake method is the time it takes to layout the charcoal so if this works as well, it appears as though it will definitely save some time with that. I plan on doing a pork butt on Sunday so as long as it arrives in time, I will report back with the results.

Yeah you guys are in for a nice surprise.  The SnS is so much more than just a kick butt smoking accessory.

Awesome..thanks @ABCbarbecue . I am actually in Ohio, Indy is for my Indy Pace Cars I used to have..

If your initials are RB it shipped today.  FedEx estimate 1 day transit to Ohio, so you might get it tomorrow!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:48:09 AM by ABCbarbecue »

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2016, 12:56:25 AM »

Yeah you guys are in for a nice surprise.  The SnS is so much more than just a kick butt smoking accessory.

If your initials are RB it shipped today.  FedEx estimate 1 day transit to Ohio, so you might get it tomorrow!

Nope...not me...

Tom