Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear  (Read 26941 times)

JDLones

• WKC Brave
Re: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »

...It's heavy and feels rock solid. I can't wait to try it out...

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/slow-n-sear-overnight-ribs/

Rock Solid is the temp control, almost like it better than my UDS...

You're exactly right. Steady temps with almost no adjustments for three hours. I'm impressed so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love the smell of wood smoke and cooking meat...
Weber OTG 22.5 and Jumbo Joe
Char-Broil Commercial Gasser

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »
Cooking a rack of baby backs from a VERY big pig 8)

jmoffatt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »

Love it

jmoffatt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2015, 05:29:35 PM »
and one more

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2015, 02:47:39 AM »
Well, I've spent the last month getting to know how to control temps on my 26.

After reading through this thread again, I may have to take the plunge on this.

The SnS works great with the 26".  It reminds me of a big offset because you need more heat to get things going and reacts more slowly than the 22".
I finally got around to ordering last night. Looking forward to cooking with it later this week. [emoji1]
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2015, 05:19:01 AM »

Mine works great and I've found it very useful in other applications and with other kettle accessories.

This was my 5th shoulder (they were on sale cheap and I did a bunch of PP) and temps were steady for the entire 7 hour smoke with one refuel at 5 hours. The water lasted 4 hours at 225 degrees and never boiled away when temps spiked a bit at 280 (while the vents were opened more) for the last 2 hours.

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2015, 05:35:05 AM »
I'm very happy with the quality of the Slow N Sear and ecstatic with the results. Sure, I can smoke without it but it sure makes a smoke almost idiot proof.

I mentioned earlier that I've used it with other accessories for the kettles and had great results. Well, if you use one of the pizza kits the SNS is the ticket to get a super hot dome temp that gets there faster and holds longer. It also keeps the temp of the stone manageable to allow the upper crust time to brown before the bottom burns. My results have been fantastic.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2015, 05:41:04 AM »
I'm very happy with the quality of the Slow N Sear and ecstatic with the results. Sure, I can smoke without it but it sure makes a smoke almost idiot proof.

I mentioned earlier that I've used it with other accessories for the kettles and had great results. Well, if you use one of the pizza kits the SNS is the ticket to get a super hot dome temp that gets there faster and holds longer. It also keeps the temp of the stone manageable to allow the upper crust time to brown before the bottom burns. My results have been fantastic.

So glad you like it @Tuberoller.  Feedback like this keeps us going.  8)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »

@Tuberoller I have done a couple pizzas on my kettle, with "OK" results, but not overly thrilled. I can cook them in the oven just fine, but prefer the "wood fired", if I have a choice. @MrHoss posted a link for the Kettle Pizza and it has my wheels turning a bit. I wouldn't consider the Slow N Sear just for pizza, but your positive comments about the success with pizza, has me on the verge of moving forward with my plans of making pizzas on one of my kettles. I would make pizza yer round, not just when it's cold enough to use the oven lol! Are you getting consistent results with the SNS, specifically for pizza?

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2015, 03:48:52 PM »
 My results are more consistent when using the SnS and counting my briquettes and using uniform sections of wood.

The Kettle pizza is great to use but it certainly has a learning curve. The SnS helps.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »
This is a cook from our good friend Ernest.  He gave wood fired chicken a try using the Slow 'N Sear.  Text and photos below are all his, we're just sharing it.  8)

Got some cherry and mesquite small logs burnt down to coals. Let's do some Chikin

Started at 400 degrees.

Chikin on

45 minutes later and right on time.... Coals running out

Let me show you the back! Chikin was never touched after hitting the grill. Even cooking all around.

That's good Chikin!!

Long live SnS!!

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2015, 07:02:36 AM »
That looks really good , I know I am really happy with my SnS.
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

irv39

• WKC Brave
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »
I got mine a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it first thing I did was a small brisket and I have to tell you it was the best brisket I have cooked since then I have cooked chicken wings, hamburgers and today I did chicken breast with apple wood and they turned great, I'm going to cook another brisket in a couple days and I know it will turn out great.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2015, 06:01:32 PM »
Thanks @irv39 and @jd for the shout outs.  Much appreciated!

I don't know if you have liked our Facebook page, but you should check it out.  We've developed a turkey recipe for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and we're giving away a Slow 'N Sear on Oct 25th.  The details can be found here.

hoochiemama

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2015, 06:48:00 PM »
I recently bought one. Happened to cook the best butt ever. Have also done tri tip and ribs and they've been great. Very happy with the outcome.   

Planning on trying a turkey as well for thanksgiving. I'm wondering if it makes sense to practice with a chicken first?  Or if there's no comparison I may practice on a turkey itself.