Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Steak Fest  (Read 5004 times)

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
Re: Steak Fest
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »
@Uncle JJ don't forget Pictures of these Forked up steaks...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: Steak Fest
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 09:49:04 PM »
Probably too late to be of any assistance, but here goes my .02 cents worth ...

two 22's, both searing stations (must raise the hot coals to within 1" of the cooking grate, no more),
one 26r for anything that's medium well to well and beyond (yes there will be some that like their meat dry & tough).

Three cooks; two cooking rare and medium rare.  Use the 15-sec per side count method.  Do not let the meat blacken but when a 1-1.25-1.5 in cut is cooked/turned every 15sec, it's usually med-rare to med (135-140) when the meat color is right.  The goal is a deep mahogany color, don't care a fig about grill marks, just want meat caramelization (deep mahogany color). 

Cook number three works the 26r.  Straight up two zone w/ a thermapen in HAND.   Cook em and move em while your hungry hoards drool  ...  keep them hungry.  I never try to plate everyone at the same time, it's outdoor cooking after all. 

Don't let anyone stick anything in those steaks.  Oil, season, put on the grill.  Let them pick & season the one they want  ...  let'm watch the cook, cook.

SJ

PS  If someone gets a nice thick cut and wants it medium you may need to cool-zone it on the 26r.  Use that ThermaPen ...

"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".