Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket - Made Easy With a Weber Kettle  (Read 6217 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Brisket - Made Easy With a Weber Kettle
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »
Thanks for looking, guys!  I hope to do more of these, but the price up here may deter me from doing very many.

Nice job on your second attempt.   Based on the second to last pic (side view of a slice), I'd say that the dryness of the flat was due to it being slightly undercooked.    Was the flat a slight bit tough/elastic as well?

Actually, the 3rd to last pic was the flat, and the last 2 pics were the point.
The flat was not tough at all.  I have re-heated (quick to remove chill) slices the last two days, and it is fine.

I should mention also that I don't have much experience eating brisket, either, so I may not know what is truly ideal.
All-in-all, I am very pleased with how it turned out, and I know that I would like to improve upon this for the future.

Mac, the reason I asked is that in looking at the next to last pic, and now that you mention it, the 3rd from last pic, it looks like the connective tissues between the muscle fibers hasn't fully rendered.   The breaking down of these connective tissues is what makes the brisket tender and juicy.    The next to last pic (of the point) looks like the tissues have started breaking down in that part, but it wasn't complete.  The third to last pics looks like it hasn't really started yet as there's no separation between the muscle fibers.

Here's an example from Franklin's BBQ.

See how the muscle fibers are separating and you can see gaps between them ?  That's where the connective tissues between them have been rendered.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »
That's great information.  Thank you!  Love that pic, BTW.  :D

But, was it cooked on a Weber kettle ….. ??  Stick burner, I presume, eh?  ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 08:32:57 PM »
That's great information.  Thank you!  Love that pic, BTW.  :D

But, was it cooked on a Weber kettle ….. ??  Stick burner, I presume, eh?  ;)

YW.    Yeah, that one was probably cooked on a huge stick burner, but it applies to cooking on a a kettle as well.