Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Subscribe to threads  (Read 2191 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Subscribe to threads
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
On another bbq site there is a feature that allows you to subscribe to a thread that you want to reference back to or save for future use, at the top of the forum page you have a link to your subscriptions that you can access those threads.  I like the idea of being able to go back to a thread that I have saved for future reference on projects or recipes or the like, is this possible?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Subscribe to threads
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:11:28 PM »
Upper right, below the banner and header, but above the start of the forum content...

the following buttons are there: Reply, Add Poll, Notify, Mark Unread, Send this Topic, Print.

The NOTIFY button will subscribe you to a topic OR a specific forum category. :)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:04:26 PM »
Upper right, below the banner and header, but above the start of the forum content...

the following buttons are there: Reply, Add Poll, Notify, Mark Unread, Send this Topic, Print.

The NOTIFY button will subscribe you to a topic OR a specific forum category. :)

Cool.  Is there a setting somewhere to automatically subscribe you to threads that you have posted in ?

EDIT:    Sweet, just found it.      Click Username at top left or click Profile on the Menu bar across the top of the page.   This should take you to your Profile Summary page.   Here, it gets a bit tricky as there are two different presentations for this page. 

One looks like this:

If you get to this page, click the little arrows over on the right that the big red arrow is pointing to.    It will then change to this page:

This page will be the one that comes up from now on when you click on your name in the upper left or profile on the menu bar.

From there, click on "Notifications" on the left hand menu bar (the big red arrow is pointing to it).

That will bring you to this page:

Here you can select option to auto subscribe and you can also see the threads that you are subscribed to.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:41:14 PM by demosthenes9 »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »
from the actual reply page, if you expand the "attachments and other options" area, there is a checkbox for "notify me of replies"

I THINK once you check it it defaults. not sure though.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »
Nope, i was wrong.
it's per thread. so you have to check that mark every time i guess.
let me poke around, there may be another option.

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 07:41:51 PM »
TLDR

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk

...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE