Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Silver A??  (Read 4235 times)

shiner

• Smokey Joe
Genesis Silver A??
« on: June 21, 2015, 02:50:44 PM »
Just ran across this on my local CL. Guy just has it listed as "Weber Natural Gas Grill." It looks like a Silver A to me. I'm thinking of picking it up if the price is right.

If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Genesis Silver A??
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:25:02 PM »
It is a silver A,  do you have natural gas hook up?  I would imagine the price of 50 to $70 is decent depending on condition.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »
It is a silver A,  do you have natural gas hook up?  I would imagine the price of 50 to $70 is decent depending on condition.

Thank you. Yes I have a NG hookup. When we built the house I had one run.

He wants $25. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. He says all it needs are new flavorizer bars but doesn't have any pics of the interior

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:58:23 PM »
Nice price if the rest of it is in good shape.   If you do need flavorizer bars, I'd look at the ones made by RCPlanebuyer on Ebay (or I can give you his direct contact info).   His are heavier gauge stainless steel than Weber's and cheaper too !    Definitely worth the investment.

BTW, while it's a good price, think twice as it's only a 2 burner and doesn't have a side burner.   Will that fit your needs ?   Older Genny's B's and C's usually aren't hard to find on CL, especially NG ones.

minnesotaman82

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:09 AM »
$25?!? Buy it. Even if it's in decent shape. That is a crazy good price, and a Genesis from that era will last forever.

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 08:52:30 AM »
Nice price if the rest of it is in good shape.   If you do need flavorizer bars, I'd look at the ones made by RCPlanebuyer on Ebay (or I can give you his direct contact info).   His are heavier gauge stainless steel than Weber's and cheaper too !    Definitely worth the investment.

BTW, while it's a good price, think twice as it's only a 2 burner and doesn't have a side burner.   Will that fit your needs ?   Older Genny's B's and C's usually aren't hard to find on CL, especially NG ones.

A two burner should be fine. Honestly I think the only time it will get used is when my wife wants to grill something but I'm not around. She doesn't like to "mess with charcoal" so a cheap gasser to replace our dead one is probably the best option.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 09:30:09 AM »

A two burner should be fine. Honestly I think the only time it will get used is when my wife wants to grill something but I'm not around. She doesn't like to "mess with charcoal" so a cheap gasser to replace our dead one is probably the best option.

That being the case, this one should be in your garage already    ;D ;D.

I grabbed and rehabbed a Silver A for one of my Aunt's.   She grills a couple of times per month and it's only her at the house.   The 2 burner is perfect for her needs.