Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: So How Do YOU Grill Your Corn?  (Read 10185 times)

EricD

• WKC Brave
Re: So How Do YOU Grill Your Corn?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 09:55:47 AM »
Yeah, forgot about that one......

cobettes, rolled in chile powder, wrapped, a pat of butter on top near the end......smoked is even better than straight grilled.....

I tried this yesterday.  Pharkin' awesome!!!!!  Great idea.  Definitely in the 'keep' recipes.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 02:40:59 PM »
@EricD 

I got that from a guy named Rick, better known as Canadian Bacon, a major contributor at the Smoke Ring......he's up in Canada somewhere near MacEggs.........A killer cook, he is.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 04:29:13 AM »
@1buckie
Rick is a pretty smart guy! I never woulda of thought to wrap corn in bacon.  I was a bit skeptical.  But, it's bacon.  Bacon makes everything better!  I got some strange, doubtful looks from the wife and friends that were over, but all agreed, it's a great new way to amp up boring corn on the cob.
Thanks for posting!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 12:56:07 PM »
Did you happen to roll them in mild chile powder.....that's what I used (California chile powder) & they are not hot at all when done........that, and thin enough bacon to get it to "meld" to the corn are the two things I noticed makes them come out better.....

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 04:04:17 AM »
I did.  I used a store brand "Mexican Chile Powder".  I didn't roll them, I sprinkled because I was afraid of getting too much heat.  But cooked, it seems like it took the heatt out of the chile powder and gave it a really nice flavor profile.

NomadicLogic

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »
I like to get the corn naked, then wrap it in foil with butter and salt/pepper.  Throw it on the grill for 20 minutes and enjoy.