Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grate Talk!  (Read 7668 times)

Smokin Hutch

• Smokey Joe
Re: Grate Talk!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
I sure wish Weber still made the old style cast iron grate, when/if mine ever wears out I will probably switch to craycort.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:08:38 AM by Smokin Hutch »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »
Those are some of the best grill marks I have ever seen!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 06:24:18 PM »
Scotty, your bowl looks like Chewbacca took a shit on it!  Call Weber and get a new bowl.....NOW YOU STUPID COW!

Again laughing out loud...

The bowl does have a 10 year warranty.  How old is it?

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Nut

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 03:15:39 AM »
Yea, after the 2nd smoke the part of the grate over the smokenator lost most of the coating :(

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 04:51:51 AM »
Yea, after the 2nd smoke the part of the grate over the smokenator lost most of the coating :(
Are you sure it isn't just discolored from the smoke? With the brand new piano string grates they are putting in the otg's these days it wouldn't surprise me.

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »
I'm a fan of the stainless steel grate. Its not fantastic but its good enough for me. If you roach the hell out of it constantly you can get a rust spot. But I move it around and brush it with oil and its been fine. I just bought a 2nd one for my red MT from weber @ $30. They say you get a 2 year warranty on the grates so if yours are that bad call them up and get a new one.

I don't need the fancy grill marks or extra maintence. So I'll wait out a deal. I'm hoping to come up on one of those cast iron lodge grates for the kettle or a stok grate for free to cheap.

For the charcoal grate I just double them up and they aren't sagging in mine.

It looks like that is your sweet spot on the kettle. That's where you bang it with your grill brush or spatula to knock the ash down! Didn't you read the manual? Its right after the part about installing the wheels 66 degrees off from the handle.
#grubdubs

Michael Berry

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
The bottom bowl on my red master touch is like that.....nothing much I can do about it.  Still cooks just fine, just gonna keep using it til it falls apart....

What about the stainless steel grates?  They should last huh...and no rust.  I know they're not cheap but I think I'm gonna get one at a time til I have all the originals replaced. 

Oh yeah...hey guys.  Just found your new site

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 08:09:34 AM »
Did Weber change to a different grate style for a time 10 or so years ago on the OTS's?? I've seen a few 2000's era silvers that have rounded grate handles instead of the usual flat ones? Anyone shed some light on this?