Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SixZeroFour's WSM Performer Cart - CF Edition  (Read 30242 times)

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
Re: SixZeroFour's WSM Performer Cart - CF Edition
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 06:46:05 AM »

Mother of god!

Dude that is amazing.  I love the carbon fiber, ok I don't love it, I freaking love it.  I'm like drooling over it.  This, this is a work of beauty my friend.  I'm kind of sitting here mind blown by this.  You do damn good work.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 07:03:59 AM »
That looks really nice, Matt. Did you wrap the back panel too? A 22.5" WSM in a performer cart is a dream of mine.

I didn't wrap the back panel... not sure if I will to be honest as you rarely see that side. At least the rear panel will be easier than the front one if I do decide to wrap it.

also, tell me more about the wrap. I have a same-gen performer that needs front panel work

The wrap is exterior grade Vinyl Wrap that they use on cars and such. I did a wrap job on some interior trim parts awhile back and had the material left over. In terms of the CF wrap the 3M one looks and even feels better than any other wraps I shopped around for. Rather than printed, it's actually little tiny strips of plastic woven to make the weave. The stuff I wrapped in the Jeep is still looking good as new after 2 years so no complaints there.

We dont mind eyeballing your OCD kettles Matt! But you missed a spot in the grass...

lol, time to find the scissors - you've ruined my afternoon ;) No, thankfully the OCD really only kicks in with things I enjoy... mowing the lawn not so much.  8)

And yes, I thing you should procure a smooth SS door from Cajun Bandit and put a cool logo on it (I love spending your money).

Thanks a lot Winz - now I have another item added to the wish list! ;) ;D ;)

BREAKING NEWS:
MOD MONTH 2015 CANCELLED - being renamed playing for 2nd place behind 604 ;) ;) ;)

;D I have a feeling the next mod month is going to have more amazing entries! I love seeing all the cool stuff people come up with... it get's you thinking!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 07:28:12 AM »
Matt
That looks really slick, and CLEAN

1.  Are the leg pushed all the way into the socket (up against the bowl), or did you just completely luck out having them line up with the screws on the bottom support?

2.  I know when I put my custom 22 Burgundy WSM into the stainless cart, the height I had to reach up to take the lid off felt just about right.  Any higher may have felt slightly cumbersome.  I know the new Performer carts are a few inches taller.  How does it feel on yours to reach up and remove the lid?  BTW...I'm 5'10.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 07:43:24 AM »
It's so.......so........so, TALL !!!!!

Great project there.....space-age materials & everything !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 08:32:44 AM »
How to locate and or buy this wrap material ? as I am interested.

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 09:00:41 AM »
Very Cool!

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 09:05:20 AM »
That thing is totally badass.  Brilliant mod with the legs.  What a beauty.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 09:23:05 AM »
Lot of work and top notch end product...

.that carbon fiber faceplate is everything
Grills

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 11:03:01 AM »
That is killer!
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 11:35:59 AM »
incredible.  grate work, Six!
One of the charcoal people.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »
That's some fine craftsmanship there, Matt!  Get 'er fired up.  8) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 04:32:45 AM »
WOW,  incredible! Great work there Matt! That thing totally looks slick. What you do to kettles is like what Michelangelo does to ceilings!

Danny C

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 05:38:18 AM »
That is the coolest!  I was thinking that lid hinge from unknown BBQ might be a great addition to this,if height was a issue, that really is a great piece of work, well done,
Danny
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:42:43 AM by Danny C »

Shafzilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 10:48:55 AM »
Absolutely beautiful. Nicely done.
"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."- Ron Swanson

SixZeroFour

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »
Matt
That looks really slick, and CLEAN

1.  Are the leg pushed all the way into the socket (up against the bowl), or did you just completely luck out having them line up with the screws on the bottom support?

2.  I know when I put my custom 22 Burgundy WSM into the stainless cart, the height I had to reach up to take the lid off felt just about right.  Any higher may have felt slightly cumbersome.  I know the new Performer carts are a few inches taller.  How does it feel on yours to reach up and remove the lid?  BTW...I'm 5'10.

Thanks @Jeff ,

In regards to #1 - Yes the legs are pushed in almost to the bowl but not quite touching. It really was a fluke that it fit so well, but it works perfectly!

RE: #2 - I find the height to be absolutely perfect for me but I'm 6' so that makes sense that you are similarly happy with yours. Top grate is well below eye level so I can still get a good look at everything and add meat etc without breaking out a step stool  8)

Here's me and my little big man checking things out:

How to locate and or buy this wrap material ? as I am interested.

@Easy - Very easy to find ;) just google search for 3m Carbon Fibre Vinyl. Get the highest quality stuff you can as it will pay for itself in the end.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E