Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken Thighs, Baked Beans & Grilled Pineapple w/ Baked Apple Bombs for dessert  (Read 4599 times)

SixZeroFour

Here we are all prepped and ready to go... 4 Cored Apples, Brown Sugar/White sugar/Cinnamon mixture, Beans and Seasoned Chicken Thighs:

Went with my favorite Chicken and Rib Rub, but decided to do a second dusting with some Peri Peri to kick it up a notch. It was excellent! Sweet hit as you bite with an awesome spicy aftertaste. 

This was my first cook of boneless thighs and the resident forum pro's sure are right - the boneless chicken thighs are a great cut for the grill! Loads of flavour.

Next up, sliced up a fresh pineapple into rings and cored out the center. These were then patted dry with a paper towel and then dusted on both sides with some of @MrHoss' Maple Sugar.

Finally soak in some primo maple syrup, again courtesy of Hoss...

Just a beautiful evening here on the West Coast. "Area 51" got the call for tonight's cook... I really love this grill :)

Here we go, starting to lay out some food:

And finally the goodness...  8)

This was so tasty and will be made again very soon! I even experienced the two thumbs-up from the wife as she was chowing down 8)

Of course to cap it all off we made some of @Idahawk's "Apple Bombs". These are just amazing! So easy and flavourful and excellent with ice cream :o ;D

These were filled with the sugar cinnamon mixture and then capped off with more of the maple syrup. After grilling for an hour or so double wrapped in foil they will come out like fresh apple pie filling... again DEADLY with ice cream or whatever else you can come up with. Here is my creation:

Have a great weekend fella's!

Six
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
It all looks so good and I love that Ranch!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
DAMN.......first off, love the ranch......2nd, those apple bombs just about killed me

I can't make them until probably next month due to my wife having gestational diabetes, but the baby should pop out within the next 4 weeks.  She would literally beat me if I made something like that when she couldn't eat it.  Come the first week of July, its game on!
-Keith

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
WHOA Area 51 looked fantastic! Yeah, and I'm totally stealing that Apple Bomb recipe, too! Great cook!

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
That is such a sweet looking ranch!! Food looks incredible too..

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Grate Dinner !!!!

Excessive Real Estate !!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Wow, nuff said!
May The Smoke Be With You!

Winz

• WKC Ranger
You had me at "Apple bomb"

Awesome cookup.  51 is looking fine!

I see that lid on the ground again - not liking the lid holder mod?

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
OMG that looks delicious.  Those apples you done up look awesome.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

SixZeroFour

Thanks guys, the cook was fun and fulfilling that's for sure. All credit for the apple bombs goes to Ida - Here is his original post with more details:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/apple-bombs-and-pork-sirloin-roast/msg163113/

but the baby should pop out within the next 4 weeks.  She would literally beat me if I made something like that when she couldn't eat it.  Come the first week of July, its game on!

Haha good stuff Pez - Congrats to you and Mom to be!

Excessive Real Estate !!!!!!

Indeed there is. It's difficult to fill the beast when it's just our family of 4 in attendance!

I really enjoy the large useable space in multiple heat zones - it makes it so easy to grill a meal so that everything finishes up at the same time. Chicken cooking too fast? Just slide it off the heat for awhile and let the other food catch up. The ranch is also far better on charcoal consumption that I expected. I lit one full chimney and added less than half another and it held temp beautifully for a solid 3 hours.

I see that lid on the ground again - not liking the lid holder mod?

Nope, it was just buried in the garage from when I took photos for the forum post a few weeks back and I couldn't be bothered 8) A larger version of the same 22" slide aside would be ideal, but if you don't have any other options in terms of setting the lid down it absolutely does the trick, looks somewhat factory and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Think I may still tinker with it a bit...

Btw glad to hear you're settling in over in AZ. Hopefully the move went well and no cookers were hurt in the process :)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Great cook there Six! I say, trying not to be envious of all your wonderful toys.
Makes me think...
"Where does he get those wonderful toys!?" Cool points to the first person to place that movie quote!

SixZeroFour

"Where does he get those wonderful toys!?"

From the Mattcave of course ;) 8)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
"Where does he get those wonderful toys!?"

From the Mattcave of course ;) 8)

Mattcave.....I love that.

Also love this shot:

Damn that is sweet. 51 just displaced Dolly, (a picture of a new to me Kettle), on my desktop.

The food looks restaurant worth there 6. The Apple Bombs are something I will have to try this summer. Glad you like the Maple products....I like Maple too. Gonna have to try it paired with pinnapple too. My SWMBO loves it when I cook something other than beef/pork/chicken.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Gorgeous spun Ranch and money meal!

WNC

• WKC Performer
"Mattcave"...nice!