Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bachelor Night  (Read 3318 times)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Bachelor Night
« on: May 21, 2015, 06:46:46 PM »
Found a good butcher shop today and loaded up on provisions.  Its just me and the yellow lab tonight - time for a bachelor plate!  Bisbee gets the call.

Boneless ribeye reverse seared over very hot royal oak:

Early 1900's cast iron skillet warming up:

My favorite side for steak - sauteed mushrooms:

The payoff:  Ribeye cooked to 135 internal topped with blue cheese compound butter, mushrooms sautéed in butter and garlic, 4 fingers of Maker's Mark.

I am going to go lay down for a while now....

Winz

In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Bachelor Night
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »
Fine meal there!
Feel like we haven't seen Bisbee in a while, a grill that handsome shouldnt hide. I've got a skillet that used to be my grandmothers that's from that same time period too, looks and cooks great.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »
Nice and simple, I like it!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:26:05 PM »
Nice!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:42:01 PM »
4 fingers of Makers to go with a great steak - great solo evening!

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 04:46:51 AM »
Great looking cook up! I can't help but notice - did you say that was reverse seared? I thought reverse sear is when you slowly bring your steak up to temp in the indirect - then toss it over the hot coals for the finish? Or do I have it backwards?

Also, as a fellow whiskey lover, have you heard of the Glencairn whiskey glass? A recent discovery of mine and have really enjoyed it! Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Glencairn-Crystal-Whiskey-Tasting-Glass/dp/B005LR3P1I/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1432298711&sr=1-2&keywords=glencairn+whisky+glass

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 05:39:43 AM »
Looks great!!!! Nice job on your Ribeye!!!
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 06:03:23 AM »
Great looking cook up! I can't help but notice - did you say that was reverse seared? I thought reverse sear is when you slowly bring your steak up to temp in the indirect - then toss it over the hot coals for the finish? Or do I have it backwards?

Also, as a fellow whiskey lover, have you heard of the Glencairn whiskey glass? A recent discovery of mine and have really enjoyed it! Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Glencairn-Crystal-Whiskey-Tasting-Glass/dp/B005LR3P1I/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1432298711&sr=1-2&keywords=glencairn+whisky+glass

One of the effects of 4 fingers of whiskey and then doing a write up....  You are right, that steak was not reverse seared.  It was seared and then finished indirect.

Thanks for the tip on the glasses - I am always looking for ways to improve my whiskey consumption  : )

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 07:38:52 AM »
Geez....you're just snuggling right into the Southwest, eh?

Great cookup.....and WNC's right....Bisbee's too cool to be away for long !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »

One of the effects of 4 fingers of whiskey and then doing a write up....  You are right, that steak was not reverse seared.  It was seared and then finished indirect.

Thanks for the tip on the glasses - I am always looking for ways to improve my whiskey consumption  : )

Winz

LOL - it happens!

I also just received in the mail today some whiskey stones, made from soapstone. They've already been cleaned and dried and taking on a freeze now for a dip this evening... I have no idea how it will go, but the 5 star reviews on Amazon are crazy. Have you ever tried them?

Here are the stones:
http://www.amazon.com/Chillin-Cubes-Americas-Bourbon-Whiskey/dp/B00TXQKJV2/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1432321083&sr=1-4&keywords=whiskey+stones

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 11:11:04 AM »
Frequently Bought Together:

This item: Chillin' Cubes - America's Finest Bourbon & Whiskey Rocks (Set of 16 Stones) in Gift Set with Velvet Bag $12.95

Toy Plush Giraffe- 2' High $24.95

Caffeine Cream with 4% Retinol - Most Advanced Anti Cellulite Treatment to Reduce and Control Cellulite … $21.50

You get the whole set?

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 11:33:18 AM »
LOL how did I miss that....  Good grief did I just buy a lady product or what?!?!  :o

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »
I'll take the giraffe off yer hands for cheap..... 8)

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 08:34:09 AM »
That's an amazing looking steak! I prefer steak seared and indirect as well, I like the char up front. What's in the blue cheese compound butter?
WTB: Genesis Jr.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »
That's looking really good Winz! Mushrooms are tough to beat with a good steak and they look perfectly cooked as well. If melted, do you think I could just drink the compound butter straight up?? ;) ... It sounds amazing!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E