Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lime Green stalking!  (Read 13848 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Lime Green stalking!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 05:08:26 AM »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 05:09:17 AM »
...  Now finding a touch up paint to match that lime will be a whole different story.  Its near impossible.   I will post something very soon talking more about that.
Have you tried an auto paint store? They can mix a custom blend and put it in a spray bottle. Napa on Roosevelt (East of Washington) can do that.

Hank...been there, done that at that location!  :)
Kettle collector AND cooker!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 07:13:34 AM »
Both the story and grill are beautiful.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:38 AM »
Bowl handles aside...just some light taps with a rubber mallet should straighten that top handle, a steel wool and polishing of the legs and ash disc, maybe a new wood handle from Brian, and it'd be ready to recommission for service. How's the inside look?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:20:10 AM by Craig »

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »
I worked on the small dent in the lid and straitened out the ash pan also. I'm going to wait till it's a little warmer before I go messing around with the top handle ( just in case ). I'm not washing her out in 16F ether. Anyway here is some day light photo's of her.

Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »
Nice, save that old grate for a Half Grill. What is that charcoal holder in the back? I have one like it, but it doesn't have any metal or a handle.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »
Nice work, Bob!  Though it looks like you might have a full quiver-- might be time to sell me that red SS Performer.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »
Red Performer? What Red performer? I don't see no Red Performer.  ;D ;)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »
Nice, save that old grate for a Half Grill. What is that charcoal holder in the back? I have one like it, but it doesn't have any metal or a handle.

long horn charcoal pail, blown plastic.
here is one on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CHARCOAL-PAIL-BLOW-MOLD-LONGHORN-STEER-CHARCOAL-COAL-BUCKET-/190762795116?pt=US_Log_Holders_Carriers&hash=item2c6a59406c

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »
Does any one have some extra bowl handles?

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 06:07:50 PM »
Hey I've got that same charcoal holder!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
I love those charcoal holders, I have three of them and I see a red performer...and lastly that story is fucking awesome.  That's what this shit is all about.  That story prob made Mike Stavilund tear up.  That's a really nice story.  I have had more nice stories meeting these people who are selling these grills.  Many people have so many good memories about the great times they had with their grills.  Maybe these dumb grills are something more than just a thing to cook on.  They last so long they become pert of so many family memories.  I'm so glad you got that grill and made someone happy, and made a great story for everyone. 

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »
Bob-
What kind of handles are you looking for...old school tubular metal handles or flat metal ones that are meant for wood/plastic handles (I assume the tubular metal)?  Each will attach easily with a small nut/bolt.  Either way, I may be able to help out (but dont have any in lime... :)).

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 10:51:14 PM »
I love those charcoal holders, I have three of them and I see a red performer...and lastly that story is fucking awesome.  That's what this shit is all about.  That story prob made Mike Stavilund tear up.  That's a really nice story.  I have had more nice stories meeting these people who are selling these grills.  Many people have so many good memories about the great times they had with their grills.  Maybe these dumb grills are something more than just a thing to cook on.  They last so long they become pert of so many family memories.  I'm so glad you got that grill and made someone happy, and made a great story for everyone.

I had a vision of Bart Simpson & Charlie Brown, side by side, writing this a thousand times on a chalkboard.....

"Maybe these dumb grills are something more than just a thing to cook on."

'Maybe these dumb grills are something more than just a thing to cook on."

Very Well Said........
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:53:55 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »
Bob-
What kind of handles are you looking for...old school tubular metal handles or flat metal ones that are meant for wood/plastic handles (I assume the tubular metal)?  Each will attach easily with a small nut/bolt.  Either way, I may be able to help out (but dont have any in lime... :)).

Well, I must admit I was thinking I could put some nice handles on to draw the eye away from the color match job I'm going to have to do. So the flat metal ones would be my first choice, but anything is better than nothing.