Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lime Green stalking!  (Read 13832 times)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Lime Green stalking!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »
Great story and awesome score!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »
Great score and great story Bob! Man, what happened to those handles! Please share the Ol' Ladies rub recipe or else! 8)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 06:40:58 PM »
I didn't ask about the handles, and what's good for one weber fella is good for all
1/2c paprika
1/4c kosher salt
1/4c sugar
2tbs mustard powder
1/4c chili powder
1/4c ground cumin
2tbs ground black pepper
1/4c granulated garlic
2tbs cayenne
For extra hot
Add an extra 1/4c
Mustard powder & black pepper.
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 07:08:28 PM »
Good job Bob.  Clean it up, straighten the handle, tap out that ding on the lid with a rubber mallet.  Take it back to her to show her and thank her again! Look forward to updated photos after you have time to work on it!

BTW...I got my red 26 and it was missing the handle as yours was.  I was lucky enough to get a spare one Shaun had.  I had it welded back on and its as good as new!   Now finding a touch up paint to match that lime will be a whole different story.  Its near impossible.   I will post something very soon talking more about that.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
That's an awesome story!  :D Very nice score, Bob! Talk about a win-win. She gets a newer grill to cook on, because she knows that a Weber cooks better, and you get a gem to work on and restore and give it a second life. I agree with Jeff, it would be neat to show her, her late husbands grill after a restoration job. Looks like its a '77-'78 model. Very nice score indeed!  8) Don't forget to thank your dispatcher for kettlestalking for ya!  ;D

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 07:50:24 PM »
awesome story. i'm really glad you got it.

I need to score a couple black grills just to have for trading purposes it seems. It sounds like a great tactic.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
Wow! Now that is awesome. Great story. The story is as great as the score, congrats and thanks for the Rub Recipe. 3 months, three Limes found on WKC.

Greg

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »
Its that story that makes the grill so much more special.. I think its what makes the entire WKC what it is.. I mean think about it.. We all have to eat.. How we cook, what we cook with, its those great stories and memories that we all share and enjoy.. What a great way to end the week!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »
Wow! Now that is awesome. Great story. The story is as great as the score, congrats and thanks for the Rub Recipe. 3 months, three Limes found on WKC.

Greg
Four. ;)

Thanks for the rub recipe. I will give it a try. On the widows grill. It;'s a funny thing, the last lime I picked up was from a guy who's dad was dead and the dad hated the grill with a passion! His wife bought it originally because it went with the backyard d'ecor and he was stuck with it.............for years!  :o ;D

Now go get yer shinebox! 8)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 08:26:26 PM »

Greg
Four. ;)

Thanks for the rub recipe. I will give it a try. On the widows grill. It;'s a funny thing, the last lime I picked up was from a guy who's dad was dead and the dad hated the grill with a passion! His wife bought it originally because it went with the backyard d'ecor and he was stuck with it.............for years!  :o ;D

Now go get yer shinebox! 8)

Thanks Shaun! Thank God we have a score Keeper. 3 at 22" and one traded 18"?

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »
Yeah, i'll never forget that job Handles and Big Ed pulled!   It was right up there with the Lufthansa Heist.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqE66RltUaQ

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 04:10:55 PM »
What a great upgrade story.   We do need a separate "UPGRADED" thread.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »
Congrats, Bob!  Awesome story.  And +1 on the 'upgraded' theme.  The great thing is that both Bob and the widow got upgraded.  That's a beautiful thing. And that is a beautiful grill. 
One of the charcoal people.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 08:08:23 PM »
...  Now finding a touch up paint to match that lime will be a whole different story.  Its near impossible.   I will post something very soon talking more about that.
Have you tried an auto paint store? They can mix a custom blend and put it in a spray bottle. Napa on Roosevelt (East of Washington) can do that.
kettles, smokers...

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
Good stuff man!