Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lime Green stalking!  (Read 13846 times)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
Lime Green stalking!
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »
ok so here it go's. My dispatcher at work calls me today and says "don't you like old Weber grills" I reply, Um ya why whats up? he then says, Well did Weber make a lime green grill? I say "YEESSS, WHY?" He says oh I just seen one in town. Some old lady has it, and tells me where its located. Needless to say I do a drive by to see if it's real low and behold "Thar she blows"
I'm going by in the morning to talk to the owner and see if she's up for a trade.

Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Lime Green stalking!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »
Nice!  8) Is it just my eyes or is the front metal bowl handle missing?  ???

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 03:31:16 PM »
not sure if it's my eyes, the photo, or all the vodka - but it looks like a 26er.

to my knowledge, there's no such thing. but to me, that looks bigger than normal in that photo.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 03:33:41 PM »
Nice!  8) Is it just my eyes or is the front metal bowl handle missing?  ???

Good Eye Craig! Yeah, too bad the important handle is missing.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »
not sure if it's my eyes, the photo, or all the vodka - but it looks like a 26er.

to my knowledge, there's no such thing. but to me, that looks bigger than normal in that photo.

I wish that there were. But even through my own beer googles GOGGLES the wheels look to be normal size.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:34:50 PM »

Funny you should say that Troy.  Thats the first thing I thought too.  Even the ash pan looks larger like a 26.  Sadly though, a 26 lime was never made.  How cool would that be?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
If that front handle is missing, Bob, you can upsell her in the trade as saying the one you have has all the handles. It could be the deal maker!   :)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »
I'd still get it if you could.  The handle can always be replaced, I'd go get that grill...

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
+1 here. Go get that Limey! She's waiting to be rescued!  :D

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:41 PM »
Good luck 
Ate you taking the chicago kettle mafia with you or are you taking your home town chapter??
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 04:50:26 PM »

Oh, Geeeeeeez!!!!!

Here  we go again !!!

He's even got a stealth "Slot Camera" installed on the vechile...... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »
Golly's right! Make sure you get the go ahead from the underboss before you make any moves.  Then make the ol' lady an offer she can't refuse. 8)

I bet she gives it to you. ;)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »
You could tell her as your loading it in your vehicle....You might know who we are, BUT WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!  8)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
Ok, ok, ok. here's the skinny. After the first post I decided I couldn't wait. I loaded up the '94 black and gave it a shot. I got to the lady's trailer, knocked on the door and said.. " Hi um this might sound crazy but I noticed your green Weber and I was wondering if you might be willing to part with it? she said well I don't use it any more because all the rust on the grate but i still grill all the time as a matter of fact I'm grilling now.(all this is being said as we are walking together to the back yard in 26 degree weather) she go's on to tell me how the Weber was her late husbands and how he loved it so. she said that she wouldn't want to sell it as she wanted to clean it up and cook on it again because the grill she's using just doesn't cook like a Weber. We then came upon a Kingsford grill that she lifts the lid to show me hamburgers and wrapped in foil Parmesan cheese potato's. Its at this point that I say " well I have a newer black Weber that is in much better condition that i would be willing to trade her. It was so neat to watch the smile cross her lips as she said " you remind me of him :'(....
I said I have it with me would you like to see it? her response was yes, and after getting it out and setting it up she said " if you promise to use it I will trade you" we proceeded to talk and become friends for the next two hours ( I even got a dry rub recipe from her  ;D ) Needless to say she is now the proud owner of a '94 black and I giggling like a little kid with my lime.
Now yes it is missing both of the bowl handles (good eye craig). It's a 22.5, ( it's the Vodka :o ) if only they made a 26 lime!! The top handle is bent to shit. but other than that I'm a happy camper  :D :D

Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 06:09:29 PM »
Awesome story! Makes me proud to be a Grillfella!