Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber-isms.  (Read 1508 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
Weber-isms.
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:44:46 AM »
Weber-isms.

We've all seen the clever, funny, or pithy tag lines about weber cooking.  A lot of us have made them our forum signiatures.  I wanted to collect as many of the more interesting quotes from Weber advertising and product literature as we can.  Anyone else interested?

This post was recently inspired by G's (not me, plain G) awesome find called: Covered Cooking wih Magic.  So here are a few quotes from that one to get started.

"Treat yourself to the advantages of charcoal cooking the year 'round" --Covered Cooking wih Magic
" Soon you will be performing feats of culinary magic that will amaze you."  --Covered Cooking wih Magic
"The cover is the secret to good cooking" --Covered Cooking wih Magic

"What's so special about the Weber kettle that makes it the most popular ourdoor cooker in America?" -- Weber TV Commercial circa 1974
"Something happens, and it only seems to happen in a Weber cooker. Whatever it is, it's virtually untouchable"   -- Weber TV Commercial circa 1974

"Weber Chefs don't quit when winter comes.  They prefer the fun, flavor, and ease of Kettle Cooking, whatever the weather" -- Barbecuing the Weber Covered Way, 1972
"The Weber Kettle man is a chef for all seasons."-- Barbecuing the Weber Covered Way, 1972

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber-isms.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »

Great Idea !!!

I can't think of any right at the moment, not enough coffee....

But th older ad campaigns were priceless.......
Really shows how people thought differently back then....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:14 AM »
If you're lookin', you ain't cookin' - from Kevin Kolman on the Weber blog (http://www.weber.com/blog)

Edit: Here is where he states it - worthy of a full blog post for him: http://www.weber.com/blog/single/lookin-aint-cookin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:00:06 AM by HankB »
kettles, smokers...

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 02:56:38 PM »
Is it a "cooker" or a "looker"?- Various users here and at other sites.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »
There is a ad with the 22.5 red kettle and a 60's looking Corvette with the caption "when it comes to a classic, there's no comparison".  Followed with "if it's Weber, it's great outdoors".  I like that one.

Of corse the current ad "have fun with it" plays well.