Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 18" Cajun bandit added to the midget!  (Read 3846 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: 18" Cajun bandit added to the midget!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 06:34:44 PM »
@ Troy  If I get one I am going to want to add handles like I have on my mini smokey joe since there is no door to manage the fire, are you considering that at all?
Nope.  My 22 stacker doesn't have handles.  I don't think it needs them,  nor a door.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »
@Troy I'm really intrigued by the stacker.... If I start with one for either my 18" or 22" kettle which would you suggest?

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 06:52:24 PM »
I have the same question as austin87. 18" or 22"?

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »
i would say:
if you don't have an 18" WSM, and you don't plan to travel with the stacker, get the 22

The 22 is perfect for ribs, butts, and briskets
the 18 won't hold ribs without cutting or rolling, and won't hold a full sized brisky

But if you mostly smoke chicken, tritips, and butts, don't mind rolling or cutting ribs, or mostly smoke for yourself, you can get by with the 18

That said, during my recent testings of the stacker (despite owning one for several years already), i've discovered that it works great for GRILLING indirect as well as smoking.
High heat indirect with the stacker is amazing. Fishes, chicken, root veggies, etc. The stacker is freaking perfect for stuff like that.

The thing was designed for smoking, but it goes way beyond that.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 04:18:54 AM »
I have an 18" WSM but am more interested in the 22 stacker for indirect grilling; the 2nd grate on my WSM already goes bare as it is.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch