Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber exterior cleaner...  (Read 4395 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Weber exterior cleaner...
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »
Anyone ever use the Weber exterior cleaner for cleaning the outside of grills? Was just wondering how well it works and if it's worth trying?

This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

SixZeroFour

Re: Weber exterior cleaner...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 05:29:54 PM »
I always keep a bottle or two of it handy. I like that it doesn't leave streaks like most other products out there. Works great on porcelain and also won't irritate your hands like some industrial cleaners. Give it a shot!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Wirides

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »
Is it available at any old big box store?

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:33 PM »
Yup HD, lowes etc should all have it.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
Nice. I've been lax on covering now that the weather is nicer, but I definitely need to remove some pollen.

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:20 AM »
I get it at HD and it works really well,jd
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 06:44:21 AM »
It was on sale for $4.99 at Aldi last week. Might want to swing over there if you have one. I think I bought 12 bottles of it.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »
What other cleaners do people use with good success? Trying to find a good one that wont leave streaks.

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »
I seen this at Walmart and was looking around and was like what???? $1.00? Bought a bottle, they had stainless steel cleaner too. I tried it and yes, no steaks. I think if you have a clean surface and start to clean with this, then you should good. Though I was using it to clean some baked on grease and it was not working that Good. I like to use that simple green stuff, and when needed use 000 steel wool , works wonders. They do have a Facebook page that has not been updated in a long time. So with that and it being a $1, I wonder if they are going to stop making this.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 03:55:58 PM »
What other cleaners do people use with good success? Trying to find a good one that wont leave streaks.

Spray Nine with some 0000 steel wool (I have also used 000) … a little elbow grease, but not much, then rinse or hose it off.
Spray Nine is a great de-greaser.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

jmwhite

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 05:17:11 AM »
Thanks for the Spray Nine tip....I have plenty, just never thought of using it on the Webers.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 07:50:28 AM »
A caution about using 000 - if you scrub hard enough it can/will scratch or bring down the porcelain on a kettle!

Jack Fate

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 09:58:45 AM »

I always keep a bottle or two of it handy. I like that it doesn't leave streaks like most other products out there. Works great on porcelain and also won't irritate your hands like some industrial cleaners. Give it a shot!

Was going to order some after looking all around town . So went to Amazon $11 & the reviews weren't very good. Guess I'll try 0000 and mean green or Gunk

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 10:13:59 AM »
Not sure about the bad reviews, but I cleaned up a nasty grill with it and it turned out awesome!! Again, not sure where you are, but Aldi had it for $4.99 a bottle.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »
The Weber cleaner is not a full on degreaser which is why some people give it a bad rating. They think you can spray the outside of the kettle and that years of baked on grime will simply wipe away... That's not going to happen with anything short of oven cleaner. This spray should also be $5 or less at almost any chain hardware store.

As a spray on wipe off cleaner it works great and leaves no streaks. Combined with 0000 and a razor scraper this is all I need to get any kettle spotless.  8)