Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How about a section for...  (Read 1509 times)

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
How about a section for...
« on: April 18, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
..telling members "thanks" for agenting or helping with parts or giving you a heads up on a grill....you know something that they didnt have to do but something that makes this such a wonderful place to be a member of? I always do it via PM, but I think sometimes they deserve the gratitude in a more public area. There are a lot of "strangers" on here and it might make people feel better about sending money or other things like that.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: How about a section for...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »
Great idea. There's an old thread out there with kudos/shout outs. I will bump it.

As far as a vouch or buy/sell rating thread that's a little dicier so always use caution when making a transcation with an e-stranger. Ask for references, use pp goods, get a phone number, etc.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 05:29:15 AM »
I think the statemen have a good idea who are solid members and who are not.  It is a risk anytime you do something like this.  Having a good reputation is a good thing around here.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »
I think Harris needs his own section
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 08:23:25 PM »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »
Thanks for asking but I don't think so..... At the moment there's only a few of us that I know of that post regularly.... Who knows about lurkers.....we have been trying to get members onboard the last month through our Facebook pages - Weber Kettle Club Australian Chapter and Weber Kettle Club BBQ Team Australia which seems to be going well but until more Aussies start joining and contributing I think most of us are happy to post in the existing sections
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution