Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Post your ultimate burger!  (Read 2437 times)

GregS

• WKC Performer
Post your ultimate burger!
« on: April 13, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
Mine is about simplicity.  Not every time but lately i've been into the "less is more" type of thinking.

Ingredients
85/15 ground beef, or 80/20.
white pepper
salt

barely mushed into burger patties that more resemble donuts.  even though mushed down in the middle they will plump up to full thickness during the cook.

sprinkle a light amount of salt and a heavier amount of pepper over the burgers on one or both sides.  it doesn't matter which you choose.

15-20 minutes on the side way away from the coals.  i put some applewood chips to add some smokey goodness to the flavor.

rock that low heat.

once you feel like it, put them over the hot coals and finish them off. 

serve on a pretzel bun.

or a bed of lettuce!

Enjoy!   ;D
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
Re: Post your ultimate burger!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:52:31 AM »
I've never tried low n slow burgers but will have to try that. Love that hoodie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:42:10 AM »
Looks mighty tasty!
May The Smoke Be With You!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
I've never tried low n slow burgers but will have to try that. Love that hoodie!
it's really just to get some smokey flavor into the burgers before going full bore over the coals. 

plus it allows you extra time to get whatever else you want done during the cook.

like drinking beer or something.   :)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »
These are poor pictures, but I made up some venison, hatch green chile burgers with bacon awhile back.  Here are some pics:

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »
I like mine simple too. Yellow mustard & cheese is typical. This has the added jalapeno. Posted this a few days ago.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
A simple burger is one of life's little wonders, isn't it? And Nate if I see your jalapeņo burger pix in any more threads I'll go on a hunger strike until i can make my own.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

goat cheese, baby arugula,caramelized onions and a reduction of balsamic vinegar. burgers just salt and pepper smoked low and slow then grilled to finish medium.

Free Image Hosting

love all those pretzel buns. locally i can get them for hotdogs and sausage but haven't been able to locate rounds for burgers
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:26:25 AM by AcrossFromHoss »
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 07:50:33 AM »

Free Image Hosting

love all those pretzel buns. locally i can get them for hotdogs and sausage but haven't been able to locate rounds for burgers
how did you not burn your hand?

seriously nice looking burgers though! 

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:20:44 AM »
i was cooking on the gormet system this was a cold grill :)
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »
how did you not burn your hand?

He won't admit it but AFH has no nerve endings in his hands. Not adaptive for most activities but in this case....handy.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"