Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Some of a cook...  (Read 5020 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Some of a cook...
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:30:03 PM »
Well I decided to do some quesadillas, the neighbors were coming over.  I had some pulled pork left over from yesterday, so I decided to put chicken in some and the pork in others.  Some were just cheese for the kids.  I thought it would be nice to cook up some peppers and onions on the griddle and toss them in there as well. 

Here are the peppers going on,

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

Here are the quesadillas stuffed and ready to go on the 26, oh and I just picked up the graycort CI grate for the 26, so I was eager to try it. 

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

Here are the quesadillas cooking and getting nice and brown

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

Phoebe found a crumb, she's always a big help.

By zavod44 at 2012-07-09

So this brings us to the "some of a cook" portion.  I got done cooking and never took another picture, so that is all you get.  It was soo good, it all got eaten up and I never had a chance to get any more pictures,   :(

Brian
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:49:52 PM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
Re: Some of a cook...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:11:23 PM »
Look good.....  I have been wondering about quesadillas on the grill.   Those look like good tortillas.  It's hard to find good tortillas like back home.
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:50:20 PM »
The area I live in has some pretty good Mexican grocery stores.  So I can get a hold of some good Mexican items around here.  The key to getting them right is, low heat, you got to be able to melt the insides without burning the outsides.  Got to keep flipping them, never walk away, I don't even close the lid for that matter,  they are maybe on for 3-5 minutes tops. 

Brian

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »
Those look scrumptious!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:42:02 PM »
When you say that, do you say it like the guy in the movie The 300, "THIS... IS.... SPARTA"   "THOSE.... LOOK.... SCRUMPTIOUS"  That's what I like to think   :)  I imagine you yelling it at the computer.  YOu see now why I forgot to take more pictures,  it was so good everyone just ate it all up!

Brian

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »
When you say that, do you say it like the guy in the movie The 300, "THIS... IS.... SPARTA"   "THOSE.... LOOK.... SCRUMPTIOUS"  That's what I like to think   :)  I imagine you yelling it at the computer.  YOu see now why I forgot to take more pictures,  it was so good everyone just ate it all up!

Brian

I'm embarassed to say I never saw the movie. :-[ I hope the jokes not on me. Your queser's did look tempting though. :D

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
No joke on you, go google the scene.  It's something I saw on Robot CHicken,  never mind it's late here and I'm glad today is over...I had enough of today, as a matter of fact  FU*K today!

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:21:15 AM »
Nice!!!!

Love the full griddle on the kettle.  Where can I get one of those?
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »
Nice!!!!

Love the full griddle on the kettle.  Where can I get one of those?

I'd like to know too and do you have any problems with air flow using that?

great looking quesadillas too!!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 07:06:35 AM »
I'm curious as to how good the craycorts fit in the old style 26'r? It looks awesome! :)

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »

Brian

I'm embarassed to say I never saw the movie. :-[ I hope the jokes not on me. Your queser's did look tempting though. :D

Oh man.....you must see 300!  Awesome movie......my favorite lines are the kings final words....and when the Queen says: only Spartan women give birth to real men.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Yeah...Id like to know where you got that full griddle too.

Hey AJ...don't worry about never seeing the movie 300.  I haven't either.  Brian must have a soft spot for watching powerful men without shirts.  But at least he can cook up a mean quesadilla!!!!!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
The area I live in has some pretty good Mexican grocery stores.  So I can get a hold of some good Mexican items around here.  The key to getting them right is, low heat, you got to be able to melt the insides without burning the outsides.  Got to keep flipping them, never walk away, I don't even close the lid for that matter,  they are maybe on for 3-5 minutes tops. 

Brian

Low heat...cool.   I am thinking of another butt later this week...pork quesadillas could make for a nice, easy cook.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
I got the griddle off of CL.  It's an old Weber one from the 80's

By zavod44 at 2011-11-12

By zavod44 at 2011-11-12

It retains heat for hours, if you want to do longer cooks I use coshell.  If your gonna do peppers or breakfast a full chimney will be more than enough, evenly spread out all over the bottom. The iron gets so hot, air flow is not an issue.  I love this griddle. 

The Graycort grate doesn't sit on the tabs that hold the normal grate.  It does however sit in the the kettle just fine.  it is so heavy it just kind of goes down and sits in place.  It certainly doesn't move around. 

As far as sword and sandal movies...I'll leave those to AJ.  I'm sure he has a whole library of movies involving sweaty men and leather.

Brian

Oh and Becky....I would highly recommend pulled pork Quesadillas

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
Never saw 300..
Sorry Brain, not gonna let you get to me tonight.. I had a long day too!
I am so damn jealous of that Craycort on the 26 nad that Weber CI grdile.. You guys find all the cool toys!
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..