Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Why can't we get all the Colors??  (Read 4015 times)

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: Why can't we get all the Colors??
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 06:50:08 PM »
I was told by my Spanish in-laws that the weber stuff is kind of high end and fashionable.  They are still getting their heads around American backyard style cooking and the neat colors make it more approachable.  Meaning you look you have an awesome looking grill and that alone makes you awesome.
Well they make some awesome colors (are they made in the US?) Why won't they sell them to ME? is the question I ask. 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 06:53:50 PM »
I was told by my Spanish in-laws that the weber stuff is kind of high end and fashionable.  They are still getting their heads around American backyard style cooking and the neat colors make it more approachable.  Meaning you look you have an awesome looking grill and that alone makes you awesome.

I think people with awesome looking grills are awesome for that fact alone... Isn't that one of the reasons we're here? 8)

I, personally, am not all that awesome looking, so I let the grills take up the slack...... :o
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 05:38:19 AM »
Well they make some awesome colors (are they made in the US?) Why won't they sell them to ME? is the question I ask. 8)

It's my amateur position that with multiple SKUs comes sales projections and from sales projections come sales goals and sales goals circle back to expectations of success, a potentially very wiggly concept rife with possible despair or joy.

And then ramp that up on a Home Depot/Lowes storage scale, with related vector of factory capacity in IL.

Somehow, they found a niche with the Ace Hardware red lids, even though there are PLENTY of Ace locations that don't carry or don't promote them. That's why I think the new HD display is a good thing. They don't carry green for example but at least let you know you can get it.

That's the extent of my navel-gazing.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 07:24:04 AM »
I have said it before and will say it again, You can not sell it if you do not offer it.  I surprise so many people when I talk about the different colors Weber makes.  They have no clue there are colors other than black. Even most of the Ace Hardware stores around here only have black.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 02:41:28 AM »
I think our retailing model is part of the problem in the U.S. HD, Lowe's, Wal-Mart, Target for example will never stock anything that doesn't sell in quantity, and the Ace stores are independently owned, so if the owner wants to dedicate a quarter of his floorspace to the Big Green Egg, he can.

If I owned an Ace Hardware store I'd never carry anything black if it was a model the big box stores carry. Why bother, right? Just colors.

There aren't really any specialty "grilling" stores, just whatever the hardware or outdoor/landscaping store might offer.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
You better hope that those Weber Qs do well.  If those colors strike out and don't sell, I doubt we will see bright new colors in the kettles.