Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How do you like your ribs?  (Read 8469 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: How do you like your ribs?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »
I had the same problem, @austin87   Then I read in Aaron Franklin's book where he mentions 'pink butcher paper' so I added that term to my search and found this (it's bundled with Franklin's book, so I must not have been the first person to make this connection).

http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Butcher-Paper-Durable-Carry/dp/B00NC5S6OM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429233538&sr=8-1&keywords=butcher+paper+pink

It's still an awful lot of paper, and I won't get to see it until it's delivered next week, but it sure seems like what I'm looking for.  Supposed to be completely untreated. 
One of the charcoal people.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 06:46:21 PM »
@austin87 my paper arrived from Amazon today, exactly as advertised:  plain paper, no coating, ready to cook.  And the roll even comes in a sturdy cardboard tube with caps on the ends to I it won't be unrolling all over the kitchen. 
One of the charcoal people.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 08:12:06 PM »
@austin87 my paper arrived from Amazon today, exactly as advertised:  plain paper, no coating, ready to cook.  And the roll even comes in a sturdy cardboard tube with caps on the ends to I it won't be unrolling all over the kitchen.

Haven't gotten a chance to read Aaron's book yet (hoping to win the raffle) but I'm really intrigued by paper wrap vs foil. It makes a ton of sense that the bark can breathe rather than steam. I can't wait to do a brisket and give it a try but let us know how it goes if you beat me to it!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »

(hoping to win the raffle)

I guess there's still a chance. 3 of the 5 winners haven't responded yet.
I'll give them a couple more days and then redraw