Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WOOOOOOO!!! Look what I got in the mail today!!!  (Read 4529 times)

Troy

• Statesman
WOOOOOOO!!! Look what I got in the mail today!!!
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:09:55 PM »

It's the BRAND NEW Maverick 735 Remote BBQ Thermometer - now with FOUR probes AND bluetooth so you can check temps from your phone.

I haven't had a chance to give it a full test yet, but the new hybrid probes feel like MUCH higher quality than the old ones.
It's a bit disappointing that it only comes with two probes instead of four.... but I think most people really only need 2 anyway.

This weekend I will do a test cook and write a full review. I'm really curious how bluetooth distance will compare to the distance of the 732.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: WOOOOOOO!!! Look what I got in the mail today!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:15:22 AM »
Is it built 2 pit probes and 2 meat probes or 3 meat and 1pit?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:00:07 AM »
I like the larger display. I can tell you right now BT wouldn't work for me; my kettles are "a hike" out back, down stairs. BT range is only about 30 or so feet.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:09:02 AM »
That's pretty slick, seems like a 4 probe unit should have been available before now..but glad it's here. Looking forward to your review. I hope they'll maintain the app

vic

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:50 AM »
Interested to read your review. What's the cost on this unit and additional probes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu Clary

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 05:31:38 AM »
Nice, but probably too hi-tech for me.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 06:07:19 AM »
Wow!  I've got the ET-732 and ET-733 but I'm tempted.  Did you find any good deals?  The best I'm seeing is $79.99 with free shipping at Amazon.  Will you be doing any tests this weekend?

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 06:13:09 AM »
I REALLY hope to test this weekend.

I didn't find any deals, the device just came out - so it may take a few months before we see any good discounts

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 06:31:18 AM »

It's the BRAND NEW Maverick 735 Remote BBQ Thermometer - now with FOUR probes AND bluetooth so you can check temps from your phone.

I haven't had a chance to give it a full test yet, but the new hybrid probes feel like MUCH higher quality than the old ones.
It's a bit disappointing that it only comes with two probes instead of four.... but I think most people really only need 2 anyway.

This weekend I will do a test cook and write a full review. I'm really curious how bluetooth distance will compare to the distance of the 732.

I've been waiting for this to come out.  Last time I looked last month it still said January 2015 and wasn't out yet. lol 

I may jump on this very soon. 

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 07:12:27 AM »
I still have my ET-733 unopened in box... I usually go off dome therm and use my Thermapen.

Do you guys have holes in the kettles for the probes or cable just go under the lid?

Maybe I'll set it up and give it a try tonight.

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 07:17:14 AM »
Anxious to read your review. I use the iGrill Mini, and have NO complaints about the range. Ive used it on the patio and in the driveway (winter cooking position) with no range issues in the house.
Good luck with it!!
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 07:26:10 AM »
I still have my ET-733 unopened in box... I usually go off dome therm and use my Thermapen.

Do you guys have holes in the kettles for the probes or cable just go under the lid?

Maybe I'll set it up and give it a try tonight.
I drilled a hole in my kettle

THUNDERDOME

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 09:25:53 AM »
I just ordered one yesterday from Owens BBQ. I'm hoping I like it better than the 733. I still prefer the simplicity of the 732. But I like the idea of not having to have the receiver near me since I always have my phone on me

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »
Very cool! Looking forward to hearing your review.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 12:06:21 PM »
i've been waiting for a android friendly bbq monitoring system.

my wait has ended. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.