Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: looking for suggestions  (Read 9262 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: looking for suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »
...I'd like to move the 'official recipe section' out of the forums and onto the main site.

Recipes can certainly (and should be) shared with the thread in food pics. ...

What's your vision for how this would play out? In the forums, when someone had a recipe to share, they'd link to it, which would take the viewer to a different thread living in a list on the main site? Trying to see how that would be meaningfully different from how it is now, so I'm sure I still don't understand.

And by the way, if I can help in some way let me know. I have more time than money to contribute here.

i don't have all the logistics worked out yet.
i do know that I want the mainsite to features recipes and techniques.

I will definitely take you up on your offer ;)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 10:46:34 AM »
Forgive me and delete this if this has been discussed, or done.

Perhaps a mod could make a sticky of a directory of cities/localities where GrillFellas (and potential agents) reside so as CL finds pop up, there is a quick reference of potential agents in the city/locale where the item is located.

Agents can list their names and handles, locales/areas served and preferred method of contact (email/phone)

Ill start.

Jeremy Poshkus (order66)
Areas served: Central MA/North East CT/ Northern RI
Preferred contact: (pirate_flag at icloud dot com)

There's a sticky post in the Introduce Yourself forum.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/introduce-yourself/where-is-everyone/

:)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 08:50:23 AM »

There's a sticky post in the Introduce Yourself forum.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/introduce-yourself/where-is-everyone/

:)
[/quote]

I can't see the sticky posts when I use Tapatalk, and 90% of my logged in time is from my phone. I doubt that you have much control over the Tapatalk app, but I wonder what percentage of our members use it for a large portion of their participation?
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 08:46:18 PM »
Forgive me and delete this if this has been discussed, or done.

Perhaps a mod could make a sticky of a directory of cities/localities where GrillFellas (and potential agents) reside so as CL finds pop up, there is a quick reference of potential agents in the city/locale where the item is located.

Agents can list their names and handles, locales/areas served and preferred method of contact (email/phone)
Like this-http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/introduce-yourself/where-is-everyone/
And PM from there
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 04:52:19 AM »
Just got a new calendar in the mail yesterday and tossed it out. Had cats in it, I don't have any cats unless you count the strays my dog chases.

Was thinking if we (all of us on the site) got got together and got involved we could put one hell of a calendar together with pictures of our grills with our home city and era the grill was built.

I know with smart phones most don't use calendars anymore, but put some Weber grills in one and people would. I know I would.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 05:25:59 AM »
Not a bad idea !!!

We already have a bit of a leg up with the "Vent Code Poster"

~~~~~~>

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/vent-codes-a-photographic-history/30/

Some printed ones were done & on that page a download was made available
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 06:19:51 AM »
After I did the vent poster, I actually started a pin-up calendar of kettles, but the hard part was finding high-res files of enough girls to make it work. maybe it's time to re-open that idea.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 06:10:51 PM »
After I did the vent poster, I actually started a pin-up calendar of kettles, but the hard part was finding high-res files of enough girls to make it work. maybe it's time to re-open that idea.

@MartyG is that supposed to be girls or grills? Regardless, I love the idea of bikini clad ladies standing next to gorgeous smoking kettles ;D and going further down the wormhole holding large pieces of BBQ'd meat food

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »
we'll be having a few photo contests and promotions within the next few months.
we'll make sure to save our high res photos for a 2015 calendar!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 03:55:28 AM »
What about adding a function where you can see what the thread is about without having to open it by hovering your mouse pointer over the thread title and the first sentence pops up.

Also, is there a way to add a link to where all new posts are available for viewing no matter what section they are in?  I have seen that capability on other websites and use it all the time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 04:07:07 AM »
I know it's the weber kettle club, but since a good amount of us have WSM's, why not start a new section for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 04:23:04 AM »
What about adding a function where you can see what the thread is about without having to open it by hovering your mouse pointer over the thread title and the first sentence pops up.

Also, is there a way to add a link to where all new posts are available for viewing no matter what section they are in?  I have seen that capability on other websites and use it all the time. 

That might be good, for instance......what could this be about?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/yeah-or-monkeys-could-fly-out-of-my-butt-too/msg28112/#msg28112

Yeah-or-monkeys-could-fly-out-of-my-butt-too............

Might be good to know ahead of time on some of these...... :o
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"