Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: chicken and ribs  (Read 1981 times)

Troy

• Statesman
chicken and ribs
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:25:21 AM »
trying to sample the capabilities of the cajun stacker, i fired up some drumsticks and ribs yesterday.

the plan was to have both for dinner, but the ribs didn't get put on the smoker until 2:30pm.

By 4pm, the whole fam damily was hungry - so i put the chicken on considerably earlier than i originally wanted to.

I took more photos, but they're all in raw format. this pic was taken with my cell phone.

the chicken came out fantastic. for smoking at 230ish for about an hour and a half, the skin came out perfectly bite through. no butter, no cupcake tins, no covering myself in peanut butter and dancing naked on my roof.

when i removed the ribs from the foil, i sampled a little piece that broke off and i was convinced that they were my best ribs ever.
i drained the foil and put the ribs back on meat side up, sprinkled just a touch of rub over them
i closed the lid and opened all the vents to crank the heat.
then i got distracted with a hardcore game of monopoly.
instead of coming back to take them off after 20 minutes, i came back in 50 to a plume of white smoke and black, glass-like ribs.

lesigh.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Duke

• The Duke
Re: chicken and ribs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:43:52 AM »
They look fine from here! Please keep us posted on the progress. :)

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
How did you like the stacker?

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:45 PM »
so far, i really like it!

it fit the kettle REALLY well, like a glove.

maintaining 230ish was painfully easy, considerably easier than if it were just the kettle.

at first i was concerned that the heat deflector isn't thick enough, but it held its own!!
it also held all the grease from my ribs and chicken - and eventually caught fire when i let the temp go high (higher than anyone would normally smoke at)