Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Mashed Potato Balls (aka MBP's)  (Read 3382 times)

eccj

• WKC Brave
Re: Smoked Mashed Potato Balls (aka MBP's)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 05:50:12 PM »
Hot diggity dog those look good and are on my list.
Thanks blieb!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 05:36:50 PM »
Made a version of this last night, thanks! It was a hit.
That's Awesome! You're welcome!

Yes and of course thanks. Recipes are dangerous to me: I usually screw it up and then windup making it up myself.

Pressure-cooked the potatoes for 20 mins first. Had to make mine gluten free for the wife and so, used rice-based gluten free breadcrumbs instead of panko. Didn't have the heavy cream, mistakenly used some evaporated milk I'd made for pumpkin pie that then of course couldn't be made ... intended to use sour cream for the potatoes which should have worked OK (in my opinion) as the heavy cream substitute.

Like I said, it got raves despite my bastardization of the recipe!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

eccj

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 10:40:35 AM »
Made a version of this last night, thanks! It was a hit.
That's Awesome! You're welcome!

Yes and of course thanks. Recipes are dangerous to me: I usually screw it up and then windup making it up myself.

Pressure-cooked the potatoes for 20 mins first. Had to make mine gluten free for the wife and so, used rice-based gluten free breadcrumbs instead of panko. Didn't have the heavy cream, mistakenly used some evaporated milk I'd made for pumpkin pie that then of course couldn't be made ... intended to use sour cream for the potatoes which should have worked OK (in my opinion) as the heavy cream substitute.

Like I said, it got raves despite my bastardization of the recipe!
Awesome! Did you take any pics? Don't know if you have a Kroger's where you live, but I picked up a box of Sweet Potato Panko breadcrumbs from there last night. (In house Private Selection brand!) 😉

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 10:44:58 AM »
Didn't take any pictures. The rice-based "breadcrumbs" prevented the MBPs from attaining a golden hue and of course didn't have the texture panko would have provided, but my wife doesn't do wheat anymore, so I modify stuff sometimes.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Andrew

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 01:37:43 PM »
Replicating these right  now.