Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DIY tables for Weber Kettles  (Read 11514 times)

cscholz

• Happy Cooker
    • Ardent Goods
Re: DIY tables for Weber Kettles
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 11:36:10 AM »
The kettles are held in place primarily with L clips that I sourced.  For the larger models holding 22.5", the L clips are backed by aluminum bar stock as a support.  The combination holds the kettle very securely with no movement and the brackets are adjustable so you can fit your (slightly out of round) kettle in.
'86 black 22.5" OT, '95 OTG Blue Performer, '14 black 22.5" OTS, '14 black 22.5" OT Prem, '00 SJ, '14 SJ Silver, '10 OTS 18.5", '11 18.5" WSM
Don't just grill, grill with passion!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
Looks like they're really high quality, but that price tag, holy crap.

Agreed, and you still need to buy the kettle on top of the cart price  :o

Quality looks top notch but for the price of the master chef cart and a kettle you can buy 3 brand new performers at full retail.

Again, great looking product but it almost goes against the whole philosophy behind cooking on a Weber kettle IMO.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »
And you can buy 3 Cadillacs for the price of a Ferrari. It is what it is and some folks can afford it. I personally feel a stab in the heart when I pay retail for anything, but folks pay out the nose for custom outdoor kitchens and this dude looks like he has his eye on that market.

I applaud you sir for taking your grillfella ingenuity and going for it. I sincerely hope you sell a crap load of em. If you have one that gets damaged in shipping please PM me...I'll take it...on a discount.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
Perhaps, but a Ferrari can do a lot of things that a Cadillac can't. ;)

I'm not hating at all, just offering my humble opinion. The product itself looks excellent.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:25:38 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

cscholz

• Happy Cooker
    • Ardent Goods
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »
@SixZeroFour Can I quote that comparison to a Ferrari in our literature??  :D  Any press is good press ...  Thanks.
'86 black 22.5" OT, '95 OTG Blue Performer, '14 black 22.5" OTS, '14 black 22.5" OT Prem, '00 SJ, '14 SJ Silver, '10 OTS 18.5", '11 18.5" WSM

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 03:19:45 PM »
Any chance you will be making one for the 26.75" kettles?

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »
Any chance you will be making one for the 26.75" kettles?

I saw one from facebook that he was making for WSM but yes a 26 would be amazing esp considering how man have wanted a 26 performer for some time.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »
I know people that would just have to have something like this.
I am not one of them, but I know that there is a market. cscholz, I hope that you reach your customer base, your product is beautiful.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 07:49:48 PM »
Those look incredible!  Very nice. I've got performers but would've liked one for my kamodo. For wsm is a great idea too.

Are the doors on one or both sides?  It would be nice to have doors on both sides, allowing either RH or LH operation.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:54:52 PM by ClubChapin »

jmbaute

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 05:18:42 AM »
I think Chuck is on to something. All of the product for outdoor kitchens is for gassers. Had I known about this company a few months ago before I took the plunge and built my own (see my post history for pics), I would have seriously considered buying one. The price is not cheap but in line with what you would pay on an outdoor kitchen build, though seems not a lot more surface area than a standard performer until you get up into the top of the line model. They use quality wood and there is something to be said for a pre-engineered solution, a lot of folks overlook the time that takes and the investment in the tooling required.

One thing that would be good to offer with this would be a cover; I was surprised how much I ended up paying for a custom cover but there may be economies of scale in a manufacturing situation.

I look forward to following this product line.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 05:25:26 AM »
And you can buy 3 Cadillacs for the price of a Ferrari.

But a Ferrari also gives you performance improvements, and modern tech/materials over a Cadillac.   The cost equation of a Ferarri vs a Cadillac makes sense.  I don't think its a fair analogy. 

Listen I totally give it to these guys that these look wonderfully made, and seem to be using high quality wood.  At their price point though I'm stuck wondering what about it is worth more than double that of the best performer. 

I totally understand that engineering time went into it, and the quality of the materials is really high, but that price point still makes me go daaayyyyyuuummmmm. 

cscholz

• Happy Cooker
    • Ardent Goods
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 06:13:32 AM »
@jmbaute Thanks for the thoughtful post - we've had many of the same thoughts as we formed the company.  A cover is something we're considering once the volume picks up more.  At this point, my grill stations stay outside uncovered year round including being covered in the 5-6 feet of snow we've gotten this winter!  There have been no ill affects - the wood just weathers naturally.

A version of the Line Cook or the Executive Chef for the 26.75" is an interesting idea.  We didn't start there because there are so many more 22.5"ers in the market already.  But the fact that there's no Performer for the 26.75" might make it a nice gap filler for the enthusiasts.  Is there more interest in a smaller, open unit like the Line Cook or one with sides and doors?

The doors are only on one side but I like the idea of accommodating either LH or RH operation.  Doors on both sides would add a bit more in cost.  But, another option might be to just ask the buyer when they are ordering if they want a version for the grill on the left or on the right.  Assembly for us would not differ much.

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 07:14:45 AM »
PIC`S OF THE 26.75 DOUBLE PERFORMER ARE COMING (WAITING ON SOME SPECIAL ZAV`S HANDLES )

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 07:15:50 AM »
I love the Smokey Joe table
It keeps calling me
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline