Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DIY tables for Weber Kettles  (Read 11520 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
DIY tables for Weber Kettles
« on: February 18, 2015, 04:42:06 PM »
I found this on Facebook

Looks very cool

http://www.ardentgoods.com/
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: DIY tables for Weber Kettles
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 04:44:10 PM »
and stinkin' expensive......  :)
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 04:54:15 PM »
Looks well constructed. Rediculous pricy tho. I wonder if he would consider selling the plans.

Hmm...no place to put lid.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
I like @Marty s Smokey Joe table better, but it is good to see new aftermarket options out there

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 03:33:14 AM »
Those are very nice but those prices are nuts.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 03:59:41 AM »
I can't tell but it looks like a combination of cedar wood and composite decking wood.

cscholz

• Happy Cooker
    • Ardent Goods
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 05:48:58 AM »
Hi all, I'm Carl, one of the owners of Ardent Goods.  First, thank you @LightningBoldtz for sharing our post here.  To answer a few questions: The Line Cook and Executive Chef units are both made from Meranti Mahogany and Western Red Cedar (top/floor and frame/sides, respectively).  The Short Order Cook is Meranti Mahogany and Douglas Fir.  At this point, we aren't selling the plans.  We have focused on the design, engineering and tooling with the goal being a business selling furniture.  But, the business is always evolving, so you never know.  For lid storage, the Executive Chef has a tool rack that the lid can hang on, the Line Cook works well with a hinge from www.unknownbbq.com but doesn't have its own hanging option (yet), and the Short Order Cook allows the lid to be propped on the handle of the cart.

We are avid grillers, and we started this venture because 10 years ago I built a similar grill station after being frustrated with the lack of work area and storage around my three legged friend (which is now 30 years old!).  That original unit is still going strong but our new designs take it to the next level.  And the Short Order Cook has been a game changer - my Smokey Joe is now in active use and great for smaller cooks.

If you have any more questions, hit me up.

Carl
'86 black 22.5" OT, '95 OTG Blue Performer, '14 black 22.5" OTS, '14 black 22.5" OT Prem, '00 SJ, '14 SJ Silver, '10 OTS 18.5", '11 18.5" WSM
Don't just grill, grill with passion!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 06:55:35 AM »
@cscholz Very high quality, you do excellent work.  Good luck on your business.

I saw on facebook that you are looking to do a setup for WSM too, we have a few WSM guys here  who have done some work with recycles performer setups.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 08:07:17 AM »
That explains the price. Quality woods there sir!
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 08:12:29 AM »
Hi all, I'm Carl, one of the owners of Ardent Goods.  First, thank you @LightningBoldtz for sharing our post here.  To answer a few questions: The Line Cook and Executive Chef units are both made from Meranti Mahogany and Western Red Cedar (top/floor and frame/sides, respectively).  The Short Order Cook is Meranti Mahogany and Douglas Fir.  At this point, we aren't selling the plans.  We have focused on the design, engineering and tooling with the goal being a business selling furniture.  But, the business is always evolving, so you never know.  For lid storage, the Executive Chef has a tool rack that the lid can hang on, the Line Cook works well with a hinge from www.unknownbbq.com but doesn't have its own hanging option (yet), and the Short Order Cook allows the lid to be propped on the handle of the cart.

We are avid grillers, and we started this venture because 10 years ago I built a similar grill station after being frustrated with the lack of work area and storage around my three legged friend (which is now 30 years old!).  That original unit is still going strong but our new designs take it to the next level.  And the Short Order Cook has been a game changer - my Smokey Joe is now in active use and great for smaller cooks.

If you have any more questions, hit me up.

Carl

Avid griller, eh! Stick around and hang out.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »
Tables look great.... ;D

Anybody that does this:

"This Week’s Food Story
Atomic Buffalo Turds (ABTs)"

.............is OK by me !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »
Looks like they're really high quality, but that price tag, holy crap.  You could buy a performer for half that price.  I understand its kind of different markets but daaayyyyuuummmm

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »
I want to know how the kettles are attached to those things? do you have to drill the kettles?
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
I want to know how the kettles are attached to those things? do you have to drill the kettles?

Looking at some of the pics I don't think you have to drill, it looks like it is some sort of L hook that goes under the lip of the lower bowl.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 10:43:28 AM »

Looking at some of the pics I don't think you have to drill, it looks like it is some sort of L hook that goes under the lip of the lower bowl.

Actually they are here, some of the pics show the L clips.
http://www.ardentgoods.com/product/line-cook-kit/