Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Call me Crazy....  (Read 5612 times)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
Re: Call me Crazy....
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
Ok, so how did that play out.  Did you knock/ring the owner and just say "I have been preving a grill on your deck and want to check it out.  Oh and by the way I am not a freak.  Can I please come in?".   

At least this purple cow can have a good story.  You had to follow up, no harm in that.

LOL, Allow me to say that my wife ( whom is the boss. ) informed me that I would NOT be bringing the grill home :-[ . Even I know when not to push the issue  ;) . I did knock on the door and ring the doorbell but know one was home so......
I trespassed into the backyard and snapped a couple of photo's. I still say it looks purple. I'm crazy that's all there is to it. Sorry it wasn't as exciting as you guys and I hoped it would but it was fun none the less.
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »
Ok, so how did that play out.  Did you knock/ring the owner and just say "I have been preving a grill on your deck and want to check it out.  Oh and by the way I am not a freak.  Can I please come in?".   

At least this purple cow can have a good story.  You had to follow up, no harm in that.

LOL, Allow me to say that my wife ( whom is the boss. ) informed me that I would NOT be bringing the grill home :-[ . Even I know when not to push the issue  ;) . I did knock on the door and ring the doorbell but know one was home so......
I trespassed into the backyard and snapped a couple of photo's. I still say it looks purple. I'm crazy that's all there is to it. Sorry it wasn't as exciting as you guys and I hoped it would but it was fun none the less.

And you have an acomplance in training, your daughter, Perfect!

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
I must say she is my partner, She loves the Weber's as much as I do. little does she know but she is getting her first grill in the morning. I bought her her own SJS but it didn't get shipped in time for Christmas so surprise for her!

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »
Ok, wait a minute now.  So you walk in the snow to the door, knock and no answer.  You and your acomplance  walk around back in the snow to take some pictures.  Then you all walk back through the snow to your car and drive away, in the snow.

I live in the south so we don't get a lot of experience in dealing with snow.  But I am pretty sure if someone goes walking around in snow they will leave foot prints.  I can just imagine this homeowner, coming home, seeing fresh tire marks in his drive way, then spotting two sets of footprints in the snow to his front door.  Then strangely they walk around his house and up his back deck.  What must be going through his mind as he sees snowy footprints walking all around his deck, he must have called the police thinking he had a stalker or peeping Tom.  But then he remembers, it just his purple kettle they all come to see.  I mean blue -ish.   

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
Ok, wait a minute now.  So you walk in the snow to the door, knock and no answer.  You and your acomplance  walk around back in the snow to take some pictures.  Then you all walk back through the snow to your car and drive away, in the snow.

I live in the south so we don't get a lot of experience in dealing with snow.  But I am pretty sure if someone goes walking around in snow they will leave foot prints.  I can just imagine this homeowner, coming home, seeing fresh tire marks in his drive way, then spotting two sets of footprints in the snow to his front door.  Then strangely they walk around his house and up his back deck.  What must be going through his mind as he sees snowy footprints walking all around his deck, he must have called the police thinking he had a stalker or peeping Tom.  But then he remembers, it just his purple kettle they all come to see.  I mean blue -ish.

That's a damn fine speculation on how things might have played out.....

If I recall, there was quite a bit of various speculation on the "Lime" before any fireworks actually
went off.....

Purple, blue...I don't really care at this point.......it's ALL about returning to the scene, Google Maps & the speculation, man, the speculation........... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 03:43:53 AM »

Actually, I had just dropped my acomplance of at school. I ran that mission solo. although yes we have snow, the last couple of days have been warmer so some of the snow has melted. There was about three feet all the way around the house that was clear giving me a nice snow free path. The hard part for me was the state cop that lives across the street that was home. 8) That I know and went to school with but luckily didn't come out so as I would need to explain myself.

Now the follow up, I returned to "seen" After 5pm as the owner was home and knocked on the door the wife of the owner answered the door I explained that I lived in town and was a kettle collector and asked if she would mind if I walked around back and looked at her grill because I thought it was purple. she said that it was fine and she would get her husband. I walked around to the back to find him waiting for me. The gentleman was very kind and understanding and told me that even he thought it was purple despite the box saying it was royal blue and that his father in law had got it for him as a Christmas present the year before. He then explained the dent's in the grill getting there from a tornado that we had last year taking it for a ride. He loved the idea that his grill was such a attention getter and asked about my grills I in turn have invited him over for a gander and a cook with the promise of a beer witch he gladly excepted.
The moral of this story for me is that the Weber is still just a grill. But the owner of a Weber is a breed of person that takes pride in their grill and ability to provide for their family and friends and even strangers whom they share that one common thing with. That they are almost always willing to talk grilling and when they do its almost always with a smile.
I now have A new buddy and Weber Head right here in my town!! It was a good day :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:28:03 AM by bob hope »

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 08:05:07 AM »
That is AWESOME!   Well done.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 11:26:16 AM »
That is a great story, and a new friend out of it. Perfect!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 11:36:08 AM »

Now I wonder.....is the story ended?

Might be a few more chapters.... :)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 12:48:56 PM »
Love the story, bob.  I have had similar conversations with customers, when I notice that they have a weber. (I'm in and out of people's houses for a service company)   Everyone loves their weber and loves to talk about it.  I also have a similar story about footprints around some ones house in the winter :o

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »
Another story, I can't wait.  So......how does it go?  (Is it in the Weberits thread already?) 

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 05:31:33 AM »
Another story, I can't wait.  So......how does it go?  (Is it in the Weberits thread already?)

Unfortunately, Ed my story is not a weber one.  I sent a couple of guys out to a home to pick up a burned out refrigerator from the front porch of a fire damaged home.  Windows were boarded up siding was black.  Obvious fire damage plus a fridge on the front porch. 

I get a call that they can't find the fridge.  They went to the wrong house (not fire damaged) and walked all the way around checking every door and some windows. 

The back of the house was a walk out ranch with stairs going to a deck.  Needless to say there was a light snow enough to show prints.  The home owner must have freaked seeing two sets of footprints going to every exterior door and accessible windows and tire tracks in the drive. :o

It did provide us with a good laugh at the techs' expense.  I wished I could have witnessed the people coming home and thinking wt...

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 08:37:49 AM »
Reminds me of the song, "things that make you go hummmm". 

If that was my house, I would install some cameras.