Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hawaiian Country Style Ribs& Cobbler  (Read 1262 times)

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Hawaiian Country Style Ribs& Cobbler
« on: February 03, 2015, 04:04:44 PM »
Made Hawaiian country style ribs on a previous camping trip. Since country style ribs are mainly sliced pork shoulder, I know they’d do well on the smoker

I moisten the meat with pineapple juice and seasoned them with Chinese 5-spics, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.

Gave them 3 hrs of smoke at 225 degrees

I then placed them in foil containers with bell peppers, and green onions and braised them in a sauce made of Teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sweet vinegar and Hoisin sauce.

2 hrs later they were tender and juicy and I topped them with pieces of pineapples, sesame seeds and green onions. Also grilled some chicken and braised them in the same sauce

For dessert I made Peach Cobbler on the grill.
Started with can peaches, added a little corn starch, butter and a little cinnamon and nutmeg for flavor. I then topped it with can biscuits- not homemade, since it was camping, I figured it’d be ok to use can biscuits :)

Moved some of the coals from the side firebox into the main chamber to raise the temp to 375 degrees. I then brushed the top of the biscuits with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar

Some of the guests had to take a nap after this feast :)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Hawaiian Country Style Ribs& Cobbler
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:23:52 PM »
CSR's look great, but oh boy your guests...those look like a couple of content pups!

wyd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hawaiian Country Style Ribs& Cobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 09:28:21 AM »
Wow what a feast you put on.  Might have to try something like that and see how it turns out.  Everyone posts up such great looking food I will never loose any weight.  Lol
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)