Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza dough recipe  (Read 2971 times)

Danny C

• WKC Brave
Pizza dough recipe
« on: January 25, 2015, 06:47:01 AM »
I got a kettle pizza for Christmas, and was wondering if any of you guys have a great and easy pizza dough recipe?  I need to start practicing on that thing!
Danny

gunner

• WKC Brave
Re: Pizza dough recipe
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 08:10:58 AM »
We make pizzas a lot and below is my favorite recipe so far from Pioneer Women. It's super easy and comes together quick. We don't even have a mixer. Add the yeast to the warm water first and let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Add the flour and salt in a large bowl and mix with a fork or whisk so the salt mixes in the flour. Add the olive oil, then add the water yeast mix and mix till you get a sticky mess. Knead the dough for 5 minutes, form into a ball, coat it with a little olive oil , and put it in your mixing bowl and seal with plastic wrap. It's usable after an hour or two of sitting out (or I like to make it 24 hours to 48 hours in advance and just let it sit in the fridge covered in plastic wrap). When ready to use, cut it in half, punch it down, then roll it out. If it's not stretching that well, roll it as much as you can and then let it sit for a couple minutes and it will loosen up, then keep rolling till you get the size you want. Good luck! This batch makes two pizzas. It freezes awesome too if you only want to make one pizza.

1 teaspoon Active Dry Or Instant Yeast
4 cups All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water.
In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.
Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you need it. ***It's best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance, and 3 or 4 days is even better.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »
@Chasing_smoke put me onto this one.  Been using it alot since getting the KP adaptor.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/new-york-style-pizza.html

Here is another thread with PD discussion:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/other-recipes/pizza-dough-2383/
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 04:06:11 PM »
The dough recipe in the back of the KP book is good.  I actually use that one a lot.  It's a delicate dough, but it makes a nice thin and crispy crust.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »
The Bobby Flay recipe is good.  I usually make 3-4 dough balls out of one batch...think the recipe calls for making 2.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »
I like the Wolfgang Puck recipe from his website

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 10:36:02 PM »
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.