Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A note about Weber aging and historical research  (Read 1480 times)

Troy

• Statesman
A note about Weber aging and historical research
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
Yesterday there was a bit of a wrinkle in communication and it caused some unfortunate disturbance among respected members. :(

The cliffs notes version: @Idahawk did a bunch of cool research and posted his findings. Unfortunately the results conflict with theories and findings from the Age Team.
We do not know which theories are correct. And much of the conflicting data is private and not easily presentable.
We feared that the new findings and theories would be instantly accepted as holy fact without allowing the Age Team to perform due diligence or even compare data and theories.
Unfortunately my attempt to communicate this failed miserably. For that, I am sorry. My statements were not about age whatsoever, I apologize if any of you were offended.

A bit about our Age Team.
There are a few members that are highly dedicated to researching old kettles and documenting their history. These guys have been doing this for years, even before the WKC existed. It's what brought us together.
Most of the discussions happen privately, simply because they're easier to keep on topic, and easier to find and archive.

We have set some very high standards for ourselves. Words cannot describe the pressure I have put onto Craig and Winz and Zavod over the years. We question everything. We understand that theories and even facts will change as new information becomes available, but we do our absolute best to use multiple sources and verify as much information as possible before we make any declarations.  This is our pride and joy and we want to produce the best data possible.

Our Age Guide in the nav is actually so old and out-of-date that we've completely started over.
We've been working on things behind the scenes for 4 years and we're really excited to finally get it organized and presentable.  (Its coming very soon)

Anyone and everyone is welcomed AND encouraged to do their own digging and post their results and theories.
If you're interesting in joining or working with the Age Team - please contact me or @Craig or @Winz or @zavod44 or @Jeff

Thank you for being a part of this :) 

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: A note about Weber aging and historical research
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:53:52 AM »
I can attest that the new Age Guide will be something that you all will enjoy and refer to often.  It will be extremely comprehensive and detailed.  Its something even Weber will be impressed with!  :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:15:41 PM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:24:22 PM »
Thanks Jeff!

I found this gif that demonstrates what happens when I try to resolve disputes and drama.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
If you normally have that much cleavage when trying to resolve disputes and drama, I'm ok with that.  (come on we can all use a laugh)