Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Statesmen Change Announcement  (Read 6609 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Statesmen Change Announcement
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 04:47:05 AM »
Thank you all for your help and your knowledge!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »
Thanks and take care guys.....but don't go far.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:40:58 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 06:22:23 AM »
Thanks to every active member for making this place special. Regardless of titles, or whatever it says next to my name, I'm a member first. I had the opportunity to be much more active a couple years ago when I joined up (member #56 as I recall) and due in large part to my Chicago location at the time, had the great fortune to meet several of the founding members and other locals that were there at the time. My personal background in design led to the identity we all know today, and that's what I'm most proud of, but there are other members more capable and talented than I who can take all that to the next level.

I have some connections with Weber Stephen LLC that I've been able to leverage on a couple occasions, and have seen some amazing things in the inner sanctum at Weber HQ in Palatine. But as amazing as the untouched original kettles that are sprinkled around the halls are, it's the people of Weber Stephen that make the place such an incredible icon of American industry. Trust me, we'll have much more to love about Weber in the coming years.

I'm not alone in feeling that this is a special place. An oasis of pleasure amidst the chaos of everyday life. I learn something new almost every time I check in. I'm inspired by what members find, what they cook, and especially the stories they tell. Most of us have kids - or, like me, Grandkids - that are being exposed to grilling at a young age. Those memories will last a lifetime, and are more important than any family heirloom. (Unless of course that heirloom is a Weber kettle!)

Godspeed to the WKC in 2015 and beyond!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 07:13:28 AM by MartyG »

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »
@MartyG  Very well said!
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 11:42:33 AM »
Thanks Marty and very well put! The WKC is my oasis from the grind of the day-to-day world we call life.

Sent from my iOS via Tapatalk

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »
Well said, Marty. Everyone's contribution is important! Thanks to my fellow statesmen for your contributions and sacrifices to make WKC awesome.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 12:25:32 PM »
Quick update:
@mike.stavlund is going to remain active, thanks Mike!!

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »

Quick update:
@mike.stavlund is going to remain active, thanks Mike!!

Excellent news!
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 10:50:25 AM »
Late to the party here guys.
I know life gets in the way of a lot of things, and priorities have to be set. Thankfully, the WKC was a priority at one point for you guys. Thank you for all you have done for us grillfellas.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"