Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: YOUR Kettle Pizza Setup  (Read 10426 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: YOUR Kettle Pizza Setup
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 02:42:09 PM »
Thanks for the pics, MacEggs. A picture paints a thousand words . . .  Questions: Why is there tin foil in the bottom?  Also, for everyone, how many pizzas can you bake with three baskets and without reloading?  Thanks!

You're welcome!

First question:  The theory is it will direct airflow towards the charcoal and wood.

Second question:  I go with a full sized Weber chimney of lit lump onto a few pieces of unlit lump.  Then add the wood for extra heat.
Depending on conditions, I can usually cook 2-3 pies.  You gotta really watch those pies when the gauge is reading 700-800°.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 05:10:43 AM »
I've only cooked pizza on my BGE's and it took 14-20 minutes (Papa Murphy's - Love at 425*) and a Wood Stone Oven and they took 90 seconds!

I love the kettle mods keep 'em comin'!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Falstaff

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
Alright, I shamelessly stole MacEggs set up. Worked great!  So . . .  How does one post photos on this forum?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 07:45:57 PM »
Alright, I shamelessly stole MacEggs set up. Worked great!  So . . .  How does one post photos on this forum?

Here's quick rundown....there's not enough storage on the site to upload directly, so a 3rd party like Photobucket, Flickr or such is needed.....if you're already on one of those grate...if you have any problem with it, just check back in here & we'll help you get sorted out........ ;D

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/how-to-post-pictures-here-at-the-wkc/

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"