Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Rings- CB vs Weber  (Read 12017 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Rotisserie Rings- CB vs Weber
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
After opinions on both Roti rings
I have the Weber ring and although its great I don't like the fact that I have to use a gasket to fill the gap it means it pretty much has to stay on the one kettle to keep the seal in good shape .
I like the idea of being able to throw it on what ever kettle I feel like cooking on
Been thinking of getting the CB but just wondering how tight the fit is?
Also the weber one is easy to keep clean. Is the SS CB just as easy to keep clean?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Rotisserie Rings- CB vs Weber
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:20:10 PM »
You probably saw this one already, but it looks like it would fit perfectly.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/feliz-navidad!-the-weber-way!/

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03:34 PM »
Does anyone have pics of a CB one? I'm not familiar. As for the Weber one, your saying, Hogsy, that it "fits" or "molds" itself to one particualar kettle, but when you want to use it on, say another one, it might have more of a gap? I am interested in your (and anyone's) insights since I got the Weber one for Christmas. I never knew that there were others. I'm planning on using it mainly on my OT(G) redhead, but also wanted to take it for a spin on the brownie. Also, any pics or websites of this gasket ring you speak of?  :D

Craig

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
I really like the CB ring. The CB ring is a very solid 18 gauge, and can be flipped depending on what your using it on; a 22" kettle, or the 22" WSM. It fits my Performer perfectly, no gasket is needed. The Weber ring does not fit the performer well because of the lid holder guides. You could cut a slot out for that I suppose, but the CB is also $20 less than the Weber. Cleanup isn't very difficult either, the outside cleans up easy enough, the inside I don't do as much for.
Anyway, I'm sold! I would definitely buy another CB if I needed one. Hope this helps...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:44:32 PM by Chad A »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »
Ok, I'm a maroon. I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together that CB was Cajun Bandit. Duh, ME!!!   ::)  I see that these are supposed to fit Performers better and that they work on WSM's as they are reversable?  Pretty neat SS roti ring. It's a clean look and looks like a perfect fit.  I am excited to break in my Weber one, though. I hope to get a test fitting as soon as this weekend. I should be ok since (for now) I dont as-yet own a Performer or a WSM. -YET!  ;D

Craig
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:59:42 PM by husker_red »

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »
Yep, other than the Performer fit issue (and that can certainly be moded) the Weber ring is a damn fine ring. What will be your first cook? I'm considering smoking two prime ribs for our NYE party; one on the mini, and the other on the rotisserie. And yes, I know I just did one five days ago. What can I say, I LOVE that beef!! ;D

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
Love those photos Chad, the CB ring would look pretty sweet on any kettle
I notice the ring slots over the edge of the bowl. Do you get grease and crap from cooking dripping down the outside of the kettle bowl? The weber ring sits inside the the bowl so everything drips into the bowl. I've noticed that using the rotisserie seems to make more mess than just normal grilling ,like the outside of the ring and lid get pretty greasy after a few cooks
The gasket I've got works well, it has an adhesive backing which makes it an easy fit, but after a few cooks the adhesive gives, so when you take the ring off to clean the gasket comes off and is a hard to refit
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
Love those photos Chad, the CB ring would look pretty sweet on any kettle
I notice the ring slots over the edge of the bowl. Do you get grease and crap from cooking dripping down the outside of the kettle bowl? The weber ring sits inside the the bowl so everything drips into the bowl. I've noticed that using the rotisserie seems to make more mess than just normal grilling ,like the outside of the ring and lid get pretty greasy after a few cooks
The gasket I've got works well, it has an adhesive backing which makes it an easy fit, but after a few cooks the adhesive gives, so when you take the ring off to clean the gasket comes off and is a hard to refit

I've used the CB ring about ten times and have not had any issues of bbgoo escaping to the outside of the kettle...yet anyway. I'm thinking this is because the ring sites very flat on the kettle and doesn't let anything out. I'll try to put that theory to test this Monday.

I also haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary regarding grease build up on the outside of the ring and lid. The ring itself can get pretty hot, so that would take care of any grease issues...at least I think it would.

About the only issue that may come up is the roundness of the lid. If the lid is not as round as it should be, I end up placing Binder Clips on the lip of the lid and ring to keep the lid on tighter.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/paper-and-binder-clips/N=5+1951/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:05:31 PM by Chad A »

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »
Here's the gasket I've got but yet to install

GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 08:06:46 PM »
Here's the gasket I've got but yet to install

So this goes on the lip of the kettle, or the ring?

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
heres a 90s weber ring from aus
i bought it with a outlaw redhead mastertouch for $50
GET ON THAT SHIT

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »

GET ON THAT SHIT

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:28 PM »
So this goes on the lip of the kettle, or the ring?
I put mine on the ring so I could use it on different kettles, I guess you could put it on the bowl. I don't think it would matter much
                            WKC Collaborator

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
That ring Golly is totally different to the new rings
The rolled edges make it look more like the CB ring, the motor bracket is welded on instead of bolted , , the motor is battery powered and no brackets for fitting on the kettle
I wonder if its just an older style roti ring . How old was the kettle you got it off?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:58:32 PM by Hogsy »
                            WKC Collaborator

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 04:46:00 AM »
Husker-I cant locate one now but have seen photos from others who have used stove gasket, available at most hardware stores, tied around the bottom of the Weber ring (underneath the tabs that hold the ring to the kettle).  Apparently it works well to seal the gap.  Heres an example of the gasket

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1275987&cp=2568443.2568453.2627947.2627970.1260920#