Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Feliz Navidad! The Weber Way!  (Read 3047 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Feliz Navidad! The Weber Way!
« on: December 27, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »
I wanted to start a thread of your favorite Christmas/Holiday gifts that you all got or maybe gave this year, Weber or otherwise. Santa Claus brought me the Rotisserie Ring and the Sear grate system. Sorry, no pic of the sear grate yet.  Can't wait to try both of these out!  :D  The Rotisserie ring came with 2 complimentary Weber spices.  8)

Craig

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Feliz Navidad! The Weber Way!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
That's a super nice ring Husk! It looks like a perfect fit.  :o Please share a picture of it sitting on your kettle. :D

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:14:40 PM »
Nice one Duke ;D
The Nomex gaskets are great for sealing the gap and means you can use the vents for controlling the temp
I cut a slot in mine to make it easier to load the rod

I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 07:25:01 PM »
This is the Weber one. I didn't know that there were aftermarket ones.  ??? I didn't have time to whip out the kettle to fit yet. I will this weekend, have there been fit problems with these that I should know about?

Craig

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »
Oh yeah...... They fit but there's probably a 1/2 inch gap between the ring and the bowl which makes it difficult to control temps
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

ROB_STANG2000

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 06:34:08 AM »
Nice rotisserie!

Here is some of the stuff I got.  I got a maverick, carving knife, claws, a cool book, some rubs from Texas, grill station, and some new Weber premium grill covers. None grilling related I got two moose mugs from the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation movie.  It was a good Christmas
a pic to enjoy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91614584@N02/8318123549/in/photostream
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:36:36 AM by ROB_STANG2000 »
Proud owner of a Lime Green22.5, Red 22.5 silver, Black 22.5 Silver 18.5 custom , two smoky Joes witch one has been converted to a custom smoker,  a Weber Summit Silver, and a UDS.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »

None grilling related I got two moose mugs from the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation movie.  It was a good Christmas

:o I have wanted those moose mugs for YEARS!! LUCKY!!  :'(   ;D It sounds like you had a very Merry Christmas!  :D

Craig

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »
My youngest got me a "Deluxe" 17 piece BBQ set (w/hard case) His heart was in the right place and there is a few things that i will use( i have several Weber things and other stuff) i also got a 18.5" grate, Weber sauces and seasonings box set,plus some clothes and other non-bbq things.  All in all we had a good Christmas :)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
Very cool!! Sounds like everyone had or is having a very Merry Christmas! I forgot to mention, I got a 32qt Tomale pot (IMUSA) from my mother. You should have seen the look on everyone's faces when I explained what it's going to be used for.  ;D Only my wife understood me.  ::)

Craig