Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22.5" Jumbo Joe Walmart Exclusive  (Read 12109 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: 22.5" Jumbo Joe Walmart Exclusive
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:48 PM »
@Craig    The Traveler...

Id rather pick up an old MBH black 22 and make "Traveler" style legs. It's portable and it holds true to shape and proper airflow. This compact/new style JJ makes me think of nothing more than burgers and dogs... Which is what I'm thinking this kettle is made for quick and direct cooks only. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't want to step on toes of those that own this and have success with it. If it works for low and slow then who am I to judge..

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »
Your Redhead traveler is a beauty Swamp! Is that a modded MT, or is that a factory kettle I did not know about?

I already have one.

SMOKE THIS!!

Craig

• WKC Mod
22.5" Jumbo Joe Walmart Exclusive
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
I have a picture on my timeline poster of a 22 1950s traveler called the "custom"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 10:42:22 PM »
Your Redhead traveler is a beauty Swamp! Is that a modded MT, or is that a factory kettle I did not know about?

I already have one.

It is a Master-Touch that has the Cajun Bandit kettle conversion. Since the pics were taken I added a BBQ Guru adapter.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »
I called Weber today and asked about this particular grill. The CSR checked with a supervisor and called me back. He told me this is a "Walmart only" exclusive deal for one year. He said Walmart requested it.

...no one can say 'no' to Wal-Mart.  Not even the mighty Weber. 
One of the charcoal people.

Rsmims

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 08:22:52 AM »
I do Information Systems work at 6 local Wal-Mart stores here in Southern Utah, and can tell you that they now have these and last year's version in stock at some stores.
Personally, I don't care for the legs on the 2015 version, and will be picking up a 2014 version when they go on clearance this spring. ( oops, did I just say something that I shouldn't? )
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:21:01 PM by Rsmims »
I don't see colors, I just see kettles....And I want them all !!!
I like Pig Butts and I cannot lie.
I've seen the wild horses,   I've heard the bullroarers.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 08:22:24 AM »
I do Information Systems work at 6 local Wal-Mart stores here in Southern Utah, and can tell you that they now have these and last year's version in stock at some stores.
Personally, I don't care for the legs on the 2015 version, and will be picking up a 2014 version when they go on clearance this spring. ( oops, did I just say something that I shouldn't? )

Is the 2014 version you mention a regular JJ, or something else? TIA
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 04:14:22 AM »
I can see this being bad for Weber if the thing doesn't cook very well. If people that are inexperienced with charcoal get fed up with this one I doubt they'd think that going to the more expensive version would be of any help. Us here know what the regular kettles can do but the general public does not.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-