Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jumbo Joe Expansion Ring  (Read 8613 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Jumbo Joe Expansion Ring
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 04:43:01 AM »
I ordered one of these after seeing your post and just checked the link again and the price almost doubled!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

bama bbq

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »

I ordered one of these after seeing your post and just checked the link again and the price almost doubled!

Just like brisket. More demand higher price.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »
I got mine and was excited to give it a try, and it became evident with each 18.5" kettle I put it on was that the LID does not fit securely on this ring.

It does fit securely in the bowl and a cook grate does set nicely on the lip of the ring, but each lid I tried, and I have run the gamut with a No Date Code Bar-B-Q-Kettle, "G", "AU" and "EZ" Smokey Joe Platinum, that if you are OK with a cockeyed lid on the ring, then this mod is for you.

Me, I'm not all that thrilled with this ring.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
Read what swamprb says.  I was trying to pass around a good deal - now I say FUHGEDABOTITT!! 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 03:13:18 AM »
Place the ring with the lip facing the bowl and the lid will sit straight. On the rare occasion when you need to use double grates the lip has to be facing upwards, then the lid will be slightly slanted. I felt this was cosmetic and did not bother me. This is something I could deal with considering that it double the grill space rather than taking a second grill on the road.

However, if you all need is expansion or more clearance, the lip facing downwards works well.