Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wooddales  (Read 4024 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
Wooddales
« on: December 08, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »
I picked up this red 22 the end of October just before leaving Minnesota for the winter. Will clean it up when we return in the spring.

Just picked up this 18 at a sale this week end. It'll will take a bit of work but will clean up nicely.

Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
Re: Wooddales
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:24:00 AM »
Wow, that's an amazing collection Dale!
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 03:05:51 AM »
Wow is right. You have a dam fine line up there! 

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 06:33:25 AM »
A couple amazing finds there Dale! And what a stellar collection!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 06:44:15 AM »
Nice collection and location!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:20 AM »
That little 18 is just great........less & less of those around......tremendous find !!!!!

The lineup looks pretty dang nice too !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 08:14:56 AM »
That first shot is fine indeed. Great bloody collection!
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 08:58:33 AM »
awesome stuff! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »
Fantastic finds, Dale! Welcome to the Red Wood Dale Club!

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »
Stories or you just stole the pictures from the internet! (sweet set up and collection!)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
Wow Dale...nice finds.  AND...that's quite the collection you have going there.  Looks like you might need a bigger cabin to store them pretty soon!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
Stories or you just stole the pictures from the internet! ...

The red one was listed on CL in October in a town a couple hours away. It was owned by a doctor (Urologist, ouch) that had received it from his brother when he graduated from med school years ago. He no longer used it and wanted to free up some room in his basement. Doreen and I were pretty busy trying to get ready to leave Minnesota for the winter and it was looking to be a bit of a challenge to arrange to meet up with him. Turns out that his practice has him also seeing patients two days a week in another town, and I happen to have a cousin that lives there. I arranged for them to meet up and my cousin delivered the grill to our cabin a week  later. He informed me that the doctor had been quite amused to hear about my collection and then suggested we stage a photo of the old grill getting introduced to his new brothers and sisters, and send it to the doctor. That is why, in the photo at the start of this thread, the Wooddale is standing apart from the 'line up' along the back of the cabin. If you look close you'll notice a cool pair of tongs hanging on the handle of the Wooddale. The ends are coiled wire paddles about 3" in diameter. He said he had always used them to move briquettes around. I don't think I've seen one like this before. There's no evidence that it is a Weber product, but still cool. I didn't think to get a close-up picture at the time.

I found the black 18 at a swap meet last week. It was in a 'booth' about as far away from the entry as you could possibly get. I almost didn't go around the back side but I did. And there it was, just standing there all painted silver on top. I can scrape the paint off with my fingernail so I'm certain it won't be too difficult to clean up. Wheels are rusty but solid. Rubber not too badly cracked. The original swivel hook clip type ash pan is in amazingly good condition (almost no crud/corrosion or dents) except that two of the clips are missing.

I've stumbled on to a few great finds lately. Seems to come in spurts. :-)
Dale

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »
Great find and one heck of a stable!
Uncommon sense seeker

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 04:29:52 AM »
Nice collection Dale.  You can create new clips for your 18 ash pan with some thicker gauge aluminum wire.   Pretty simple to do, just bend to shape, press the end in a vice, drill a small hole, and rivet to the pan. 

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 05:05:12 AM »
... You can create new clips for your 18 ash pan with some thicker gauge aluminum wire.   Pretty simple to do, just bend to shape, press the end in a vice, drill a small hole, and rivet to the pan.

Thanks very much for the tip, G. I'll do a search to see if there are photos posted by someone in the club that has done this.
Dale