Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Creole Seasoning- Your thoughts.  (Read 2258 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Creole Seasoning- Your thoughts.
« on: December 16, 2012, 07:16:23 AM »
I bought some of this last week and used it on some steaks to try. I thought it tasted pretty good. Has anyone else tried this or have used it as a rub? I know that other brands exist, but this was the one I found at the store.

Craig
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:24:38 AM by husker_red »

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
Re: Creole Seasoning- Your thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
We use it on a lot of stuff like we use salt and pepper.  Just shake it on. Haven't used it as a rub by itself.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »
I also use it all the time, about the only thing I can find in MN that is Creole.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »
Big fan of anything Cajun or creole...never tried that seasoning but if I find some you can bet I'll use it!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 07:37:10 PM »
I'm more of a DIY kind of guy when it comes to blends of various spices. I find it more interesting to try to get to know some different spices and to assemble them into something that I like. (That plus most of these blends include more salt than I care for.)

For creole seasoning start with some black pepper and add some cumin. A little garlic powder will probably go well too. I also like ancho peppers for a southwest flavor in my mixes but it might not go with Creole. You can also google creole seasoning recipes (none of which include cumin - guess I'm wrong on that one. ;) )
kettles, smokers...

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 03:48:48 AM »
I use this one.  Kinda like FinkFarm said, almost like salt and pepper.   I made pumpkin seeds not too long ago and sprinkled this stuff on it, gives them a little kick!   This is also a small ingredient in my recipe for a rub I used on my ribs.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »
That,s been a stable seasoning in my house for years, ever since I was given some after a job in Baton Rouge.
Love it on eggs, potatoes, Mac-n-cheese, etc.
It is a seasoned salt, and not good as a standalone rub, but grrreat as an ingredient in a rub.
Bayou Dirt is also a really good Cajun/Creole seasoning.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:44:52 PM by Harbormaster »
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"