Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stuffed Chicken Breast and Butternut Squash with Candied Pecans  (Read 1021 times)

SixZeroFour

Stuffed Chicken Breast and Butternut Squash with Candied Pecans
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »
For dinner tonight we had some boneless chicken breast stuffed with provolone, prosciutto and asparagus and topped with a garlic herb sauce. This was done on the performer with a tiny bit of pecan wood (of course!) for smoke flavour. I then took inspiration from Idahawks go at the butternut squash with candied pecans! It was tasty for sure and looks amazing! I may have to share a candied yam recipe that is even better IMO! :) Also served with a quick side dish of honey garlic noodles. Mmmm...

Have a good weekend folks!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:46:38 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: Stuffed Chicken Breast and Butternut Squash with Candied Pecans
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 10:01:24 PM »
Excellent cook. Love the squash and the noodles. Chicken looks delicious.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 04:52:40 PM »
Nice plating.
We always scoop the squash flesh out of the shell. Put it in a bowl and mix w/ butter and brown sugar. Your way looks really good.
Nice cook.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »
That squash is something I am gonna have to try out.  I am always getting in crap for not making "healthy" food on the bbqs and that looks good to my eyes.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »
Looks delicious!! I use acorn squash and stuffed it with dried apricots and chestnuts for the Holidays.