Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mojoe Griddle Discussion  (Read 10348 times)

fedex

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mojoe Griddle Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 02:36:06 AM »
Nice, thanks for Aja.  I love that sauce in Peruvian Restraunts.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 08:54:57 AM »
Nice, thanks for Aja.  I love that sauce in Peruvian Restraunts.

I think the Peruvian restaurants use some kind of lettuce instead of spinach.  I think the spinach gives it a deeper, richer flavor.

cam

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 07:35:17 AM »
Great product Cam,  how about the recipe to your Peruvian Sauce?

Hey fedex!

Just wanted you to know that I am heading out to the desert in an hour for a four day camping trip.  Your interest in the green sauce inspired the video cook that I will be doing over our campfire!  I just finished up making a batch of the Peruvian green sauce - OMG is it ever good!  I added a fresh de-seeded jalapeno and a half of a pascilla chilli to the recipe.  YUM!

I'm going to make a huge batch of Arroz con Pollo (chicken fried rice) using my Mojoe Griddle over the campfire and then squirt some of this delectable sauce over the rice on each plate.  I am so excited!  You will be able to see the video in a few weeks.

Cam

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »
On the weekend of December 6, 2014, Mojoe Outfitters participated in a weekend camping event in support of the “Toys For Tots” charity managed by the US Marines.  This event was held in the middle of Camp Pendleton Marine Base.  The event was organized by Dave Druck from #Trasharoo and Dave Bennett of #American Adventurist.  Over 100 people attended the charity campout.

A huge pile of donated toys was collected by US Marines in full dress uniforms.  It was a very nice ceremony followed by a hot dog lunch for everyone cooked on Mojoe Griddles by Cam Stone and Kris Nelson of Mojoe Outfitters and a lot of help by several volunteers.

On Saturday evening, Mojoe Outfitters hosted a Mojoe Potluck dinner!  Jon Nelson (www.productionhero.com ) graciously volunteered his time and considerable talents to design and construct an elaborate lighting rig over our campsite, setting up a beautiful ambiance for what turned out to be a wonderful evening with our fellow overlanders.

Mojoe Outfitters set up four Mojoe Griddles (two on Camp Chef stove burners and two on Weber BBQs) for the potluck and the folks brought their own food ingredients to cook for themselves on one of the various Mojoes!   Mojoe Outfitters also cooked up some Mojoe Chili, Mama Sweety’s Tacos and Quesadillas.

Jon, who is a professional videographer, captured the whole thing with multiple cameras.  The edited video will be released soon!

A good time was had by all!  Here’s some pics:

Toma-Toes Roasting on a Mojoe griddle

Cooking Mama Sweety's Tacos

Afterglow

Eggs swimming in a pool of chorizo!

Cam

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »
I'm thinking that griddle used in conjunction with a vortex would produce great heat without using so much charcoal.
Uncommon sense seeker

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
I'm thinking that griddle used in conjunction with a vortex would produce great heat without using so much charcoal.

I think you have a good point there!  If you want an even heat over the entire griddle then more charcoal is required.  I sometimes like to to have a really hot area (where the charcoal is located)  so that I can hit the food hard and a slightly cooler area on the griddle where I move the food over to, to stay hot.  Greg at Ballistic BBQ (https://www.youtube.com/user/sd4547) uses this method frequently when he uses the Mojoe Griddle for a cook.

The Vortex would perform this task perfectly!

Cam

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 02:58:36 PM »
Extreme Mojoe Pot Luck - Happy New Year!!

Here is the video that goes along with the photos above:

http://youtu.be/IavuWGU1bkA

Cam