Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS Ash Sweep  (Read 6848 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: SS Ash Sweep
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
Ummm... They made SS sweeps up until last year.. You can tell the difference by just cleaning them  and looking at them. Also, look at the newer handle. Its offset a bit vs the ss ones..
I would say the started using them when they switched the old to new style ash buckets, whatever year that was. Only used on OTG OTP and Performers.

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 06:15:15 AM »
Appreciate the clarification. More clues are always good.

Only used on OTG OTP and Performers.
Did they advertise that? If not, it seems like a wasted opportunity not to give people another reason to spend the extra on those models.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 12:01:52 PM »
Bumping this up.   Don't know if it's common knowledge, but I just got off the phone with my Weber rep who told me that they have SS One touch sweeps (90720) in stock.  Think he said they show a couple of hundred of them.  I ordered 4 sets.  Will see what gets delivered.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 07:26:05 AM »

Two recent rescues of mine ... 18" OTP (EE vent), and an 18" OTG (DH vent).

Both had SS sweeps.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 08:11:27 AM »
@demosthenes9 - I can confirm they (#90720) are in fact SS as I have since received a set from Weber.  They also have 18" SS ash sweeps.  The part number is #90719.

I like @Jules V. have replaced all the ash sweeps of my one touch cookers with the SS sweeps I have taken out of kettles I flipped. Had to place an order with Weber CS today.  Weber still carries the SS one touch cleaning sweeps (part #90720).  They have over 400 of them in stock.  The price has gone up considerably since 2010 when @Hofy purchased his for $8 as set.  They now cost $24.80.  Still a deal considering the less expensive aluminized ones cost $15 that sometimes only last one year.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:13:17 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

BMP

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 08:16:31 AM »
I ordered those 90720 sweeps, they do not say stainless on the envelope or paper work inside. They are also ferrous on some level. That being said 400 series stainless is cheaper and still has good corrosion resistance, I’m hoping that’s what’s the deal is because my other stainless sweeps don’t react to a magnet at all. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
SS Ash Sweep
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 11:35:31 AM »
Always have  spare ss sweeps. Had purchased at least a dozen grills the past year just for the ss sweeps and burners.  Swapped the parts, sometimes with new aluminized version, and turn around and flipped it. Prior to that i was replacing my sweeps every year. The ss sweeps should last as long as the kettle. Seems like they were standard between 2001-2010 on the performers, otp and otg kettles. The later ssp and earlier gen3 came with ss sweeps and burners.
Don't have any of the new sweeps but if they are magnetic, then weber probably had transitioned to 430 ss. The older ones are likely the austenitic 304 variety. Except on the  Summit gassers or  probably WCG, weber currently uses 430 on most if not all of their products.

All it takes is 5-10 minutes to bring it back to tlife.

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 05:16:50 AM »
Always have  spare ss sweeps. Had purchased at least a dozen grills the past year just for the ss sweeps and burners.  Swapped the parts, sometimes with new aluminized version, and turn around and flipped it. Prior to that i was replacing my sweeps every year. The ss sweeps should last as long as the kettle. Seems like they were standard between 2001-2010 on the performers, otp and otg kettles. The later ssp and earlier gen3 came with ss sweeps and burners.
Don't have any of the new sweeps but if they are magnetic, then weber probably had transitioned to 430 ss. The older ones are likely the austenitic 304 variety. Except on the  Summit gassers or  probably WCG, weber currently uses 430 on most if not all of their products.

All it takes is 5-10 minutes to bring it back to tlife.

Are you interested in selling a set?

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 09:02:43 AM »

Are you interested in selling a set?
[/quote]
Sorry those are going to  my other projects. 

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 05:59:07 PM »
I ordered those 90720 sweeps, they do not say stainless on the envelope or paper work inside. They are also ferrous on some level. That being said 400 series stainless is cheaper and still has good corrosion resistance, I’m hoping that’s what’s the deal is because my other stainless sweeps don’t react to a magnet at all. Time will tell I guess.

@BMP..how much were the  90720 sweeps?
Grills

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 06:23:53 PM »

@BMP..how much were the  90720 sweeps?
I ordered three of these in October for $17.xx each. Not sure what the price is now seems like anything and everything Weber has gone up in price in 2019.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 06:27:39 PM »
@panch02017 tks man for the quick reply.

yeah.. i just posted about the 2019 price increase.

chimney starters bumped 2 bucks ..$16.99 now
Grills

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 05:28:43 AM »
@panch02017 tks man for the quick reply.

yeah.. i just posted about the 2019 price increase.

chimney starters bumped 2 bucks ..$16.99 now

I called Weber yesterday, the price is now ~$30 + $7 shipping  :o