Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Turds  (Read 2157 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Turds
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:18:38 PM »
Is there a preferred recipe or method/technique for these turds you guys seem to rave about?  Having some co-workers over this weekend and some bacon wrapped poppers sound like the ticket for a big hit.

Thanks, Pete

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: Turds
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
My favorite is a combination of Mirkwood and Winz's recipe. Cream cheese and sour cream. 3 to 1 ratio.
Some brown sugar, little cinnamon, blueberries and blueberry jam. Of course 1buckie has hundreds of combination. He will chime in.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:30:38 AM »
Here's a few things on it  Pete......

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/'turd-wrapping/

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/abt-questions/msg125624/#msg125624

Sky's the limit really.....as far as what you'd like to add in or what kind of pepper even..........

Cream cheese is a good stable base to take off from though, holds up to heat well !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 05:43:45 PM »
turds so easy it's laughable, but so good it's indecent-
you will need:whole jalapenos, bacon, chive/onion cream cheese and a "sweet" bbq rub(ie-one w/o a lot of pepper in it. quick homemade one would be equal parts paprika/brown sugar and 1/4 part salt) and toothpicks. glazing w/bbq sauce is optional and if you go that route, try for a lightly sweet and delicately flavored one, otherwise the sauce will over power everything else.

slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise(try to make sure part of the cap is on each side as it helps to hold the cream cheese in) and a use a spoon to scrape out the veins/seeds. soften cream cheese by running under warm water for several minutes or set on counter for a while(doesn't need to be runny, just soft enough to spoon into the peppers easily). once softened, spoon cream cheese into each jalapeno half(try to fill the whole cavity and make sure it is even w/the edges). once stuffed, wrap each jalapeno half in bacon and secure bacon with toothpicks. (quick tip-when doing this, I start by placing one end of the bacon at the top of the pepper half. I then spiral wrap the bacon towards the bottom and flip the loose end up to the top so that I can then secure the bacon using only one toothpick). lightly dust wrapped pepper halves with your rub. cook indirect using medium heat until bacon is done, but not too crispy. if you're using a sauce to glaze, coat them just a few minutes before pulling off grill.

I know it looks like a lot typed out, but in practice, it's super easy and the only problem I've ever had w/them is making enough.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:47:47 PM by mrbill »
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »
Thanks for all of the tips.  Made these last night and again now.

They were a real hit.

I mixed Cream Cheese, Emmentaler, Green Onions, and Browned Pork Sausage for the filling.

Left overs this am went into a turd omelette. 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:04:18 PM by ClubChapin »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
Right up ta speed !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »
Today's batch.