Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti  (Read 6785 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »
I think its time for this topic to pass.

@csorvala clearly buys old grills for cheap and sells them to people willing to pay. whatever it takes to feed his family.
It's not a crime, it's just not the WKC way.

My concerns are public.
If he's here solely for his own personal gain, he'll be removed.
If he can fit in and find ways to not disrupt the community, he can remain.

Time will tell.

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »
I can sum this up in a nutshell...

Clayton messaged me a couple weeks ago saying he had found a very old and rare "peg leg" SJ.  Apparently word has gotten out that I'm NUTZ about SJs.  Yes, they are my thing, and I like to add new (old) things to my collection.  He was looking for more information on the one he had just purchased.  We exchanged a couple of messages, and then I concluded by telling him that I would love to add that grill to my collection and asked him to give me a price to consider purchasing it.

Rather than just be upfront and shoot me a price, he told me it would be going on eBay (highest bidder) to which I replied "send me the link when you get it posted to eBay".   I wasn't pleased at that, but it's his grill, and thankfully we live in a free country.   Ebay is a great place to sell something when you don't know it's value.  His next reply floored me...   (I'm going off memory here, but it was something to this effect)   "The grill has been sold.   Someone offered me a WHOLE BUNCH of money for it"

A week later Harris posted pictures of it in his back yard.

REALLY CLAYTON???   IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT TO YOU??  ?? ??

While I'm glad that a WKC member got to add it to their collection, I do have to admit that it leaves a really SOUR TASTE when he comes looking for information, then still just gravitates to the TOP DOLLAR.   I get the part about trying to support kids.  Many of us here have kids too.  There is gas to put in the car, and house payments to make.  A fact of life for all of us.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but this all seems out of context with the spirit of the forum and the collectors who contribute here.

Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 05:43:20 AM »
Since day one this guy has been a jerk, and after reading more and more of his posts I have never thought any different.  I'm sure he is the same clown asking $300 for a red MT in Racine right now.  I can't believe someone would offer that much but hey people are welcome to spend what they want.  He loves the sound of his own voice, he posts and attacks and posts and attacks.  Why he comes here is only to drive up prices.  He is a jerk.  As far as Harris showing up here and being attacked, he wasn't at fault for that, it was multiple people screwing over Harris' reputation, and the truth came out.  I don't believe that is the case with this guy.  He's just a junk seller looking to maximize profit which is great and what America is all about, but it really doesn't fit in here.  Clearly he's offering things up to pit one member against another to drive up prices.  When did we decide to put up with that?  He's using our membership roster to further his personal gains.  Nobody want's this kind of crap here, he's just using us to get the word out to let people know what he has so the prices go up, nothing else.  Just take your stuff to Ebay and leave us alone already.  Go use someone else's site, go see if Chris will put up with your nonsense at the virtual site?  Your like a bad smell you just won't go away.....The more you post the bigger the jerk you sound like.  You don't get it, you won't get it and you never will, and it's okay.  No harm in that, I personally don't get other stuff, I don't get burning man, I don't get Prince or Frank Zappa, and it's okay.  But I'm not going to go on their web sites and stir the pot.  I leave it alone....I suggest you do the same.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:49:03 AM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X