Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti  (Read 6784 times)

csorvala

SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti
« on: October 06, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
Went to pick up a 2-tone red and when I got there the wife told him to get rid of the roti in the basement too. He also trew in two wood tables, one on the grill and one new in box..... $40 for the grill, $20 for the roti and free wood tables that sell for %$75 on ebay..... FYI, I don't just buy webers when I see them, I also buy many other items that I ship to the rest of the world too.

Here is my google folder link for this pick up.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bys74G2IL7uUakNrdTBlby1OWHM&usp=sharing

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:41:50 PM »
Was that the one in the Madison, WI CL?  It did look very nice from the CL pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 02:56:39 PM »
Nice score!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

jmeier64

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »
What are your plans for these? Collecting? Very nice grab
First up a nice 3 wheeler red head

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
a two tone red MT is a rare thing?

mine just says "O".
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:45:19 PM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »
lol....Are you one of the stalkers I get on craigslist?.... I didn't even post it yet.
no clayton, i'm greg.  i emailed you on craigslist.  we made a deal for the metal handle red and i didn't get butthurt when you sold it on the bay for more.  i was happy for you.

i'm sorry but don't want your red MT, i haven't even gotten around to cleaning mine up yet.  i'm too busy experimenting with handles and flipping performers to WKC members for ridiculously good deals.

i just cleaned her O face, not too shabby.  :)

and just for the record, calling someone a stalker implies that you don't want the attention.  i'm not being aggressive just pointing out the error in your insult.  because people that don't want attention rarely make threads. :o

pics or it didn't happen by the way.   :P

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:37:23 PM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »
What are your plans for these? Collecting? Very nice grab
Not collecting. I am not a collector. I cook, so I traded a couple other grills away for a black 26" and a q200 gas. I've always loved to grill, smoke and campfire cook, I just never did it on a weber before. Now I do.

I originally came to this website because I found the infamous "1969 The Custom" aka the meat grill and was looking for info on it (You can see it in the wkc grill gallery. I hunt, buy and sell many different types items. Weber grills just became another item. I usually list items on craigslist to see if there are any takers, but usually end up listing things on ebay. Almost Everybody here is very skilled in finding people selling them cheap on craigslist, so I don't post for-sale items here because too many people get mad.... Heck, I even get wkc moderators and members stalking my ebay and craigslist ads and harassing me over price.... Unfortunately, they are experienced find them cheap (Same as I do) and i am experienced at selling publicly...fyi, many other members resell grills here to, not just me...i digress

But my 4 biggest finds, and i mean largest monetary value, didn't even come from craigslist, they came from estate sales, rummage sales and flea markets. I might spend 100-300 a week on collectible items, but only 5-60 on a grill every 3rd week.

so these will probably be sold locally or craigslist or maybe ebay.

It wasn't a moderator, it was me - the owner.
"Harassment" is a stretch - Confrontation, sure. But it was more about questioning your intent, or at least, being concerned over your reputation.
Several members had already reached out to me about it.

One day there's a red mbh for $10. Two days later there's a red mbh for $200.
I think its pretty shitty, but that's just my personal opinion.
Plenty of members also flip, but they also pull favors for members, give back to the community and don't expect maximum and margins.
Their #1 priority is NOT profit.

You see, I do all this out of passion. This community is united by passion. It's a hobby. We love grills. We collect grills. We use grills.
Or at least, we enjoy the presence of other like minded individuals.

When people take advantage of that passion, it offends me. It offends me A LOT.
I put a lot of time and money into making this site. I've argued with my wife and have made, and continue to make countless financial sacrifices to maintain it.

I do it because it brings people together. Seeing all of the friendships created makes it all worth it.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
lol....Are you one of the stalkers I get on craigslist?.... I didn't even post it yet.
no clayton, i'm greg.  i emailed you on craigslist.  we made a deal for the metal handle red and i didn't get butthurt when you sold it on the bay for more.  i was happy for you.

He made a deal with you, and then sold it on ebay for more anyway?

Deja vu, I heard the same shitty story on the meat grill. :(

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 06:01:36 PM »
and these opinions, they're mine.
They're not a WKC ruling or anything.

This is me, and my opinion.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
You go Greg.  That cleanup looks beauty.  My reds just have letters too.

EDIT:

I added this then deleted it cause maybe it is not my place I thought.  Wrong. Now I put it back:

Csorvala - Do you seek to rub people the wrong way?  If so you are doing a good job of it, if not then maybe you should leave.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:29:57 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

jmeier64

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »
The reason I asked is depending on the prices If you are selling them (The grill, a shelf, and the roti) I would be at least interested in hearing a price. While I like to find things cheap, All three of those items I am looking to add to my cooking stable. I am only a mild collector, but I am looking for a red OTG or MT as well as a shelf and roti. All of the roti I have seen on ebay are hitting retail. No reason to pay that much since they still are available. The shelves are a little harder to come by. They have a certain amount of cool factor for me, but not huge to pay what they are fetching on ebay.
First up a nice 3 wheeler red head

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »

He made a deal with you, and then sold it on ebay for more anyway?

Deja vu, I heard the same shitty story on the meat grill. :(
He made an offer, I didn't accept or decline, but within hours it sold on ebay where it was already listed.

There was no deal for the meat grill. It was a cash offer that they didn't want to bid on ebay and keep it private. I NEVER did accept it. I choose to take my meat grill because i thought it was worth more. Turns out I got a lot more for it....
I didn't take advantage of anyone????

cool.
not the same story I heard - but I'm no judge and I don't care enough to investigate :)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
If you want to see what this site should be about and is for a vast majority of us follow what lightning Boldt is doing on an almost daily basis. A true wkcer!! He's given more than he's taken for a long time.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 07:20:08 PM »
You can reinforce your philosophies all you want.

Making money doesn't make you good or evil. It just makes it look like you don't fit in here.

EBay feedback doesn't prove good character, it just proves that you don't have a clue about what this place is about.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
There is no profit from forum ad's here - they merely help partially repay what Troy goes out of pocket on to keep the site up and running.  ::)

I think a lot of the frustration with your tactics is that you openly admit you're not that interested in collecting Weber's yet you come back whenever you find something new - ask for everyone's help, expertise and knowledge for the sole purpose of making max buck on eBay or via private sale. Yes, you absolutely have the "right" to do that - it's just not how the vast majority of members on this site operate and I think most see it as you simply using the forum and its members to make a quick buck.

Reputation is something earned - the fact that you have a thousand feedback on eBay really doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that you deliver the products as described. So far all we've seen here are a few questionable sales and a new post saying "Hey look how much I'm going to make THIS TIME". Essentially any involvement you've had with this site so far all leads back to a financial transaction or gain somehow on your part. Am I wrong?

It's all about perspective - and the view from this side of the glass isn't so hot if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:24:48 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E