Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another Article on Weber History  (Read 5907 times)

G

• WKC Ranger
Another Article on Weber History
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:24:31 PM by G »

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Another Article on Weber History
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
  ??? Ok, then!

Craig
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:04:59 PM by husker_red »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
I don't really know that you have a condesending side, Craig.....

Seems the guy's pretty much doing what he thinks he's accusing you of......

OK article, could have left the bashing part alone & it may have been even better?

~~~~~~>K
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:02:54 AM »
What did you tell the guy Husker red?  I missed this thread.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:29:21 AM »
The writer is a troll.

"George Stephen single-handedly created a business where he not only sold millions of barbecue grills worldwide, but it opened up a whole new industry that allowed dozens of companies like Minden, Napoleon, Char-Broil, Big Green Egg, Beefeater, and Naked Whiz to come into existence with a plethora of charcoal and gas grill products."

Since when did the naked whiz become a company?

Husker hasn't ever been out of line either, but he's famous now! ;)

I like that Jeff was the first responder. :P

"Great article...interesting history. I am one of "those" Weber collectors myself. Anything except black grills for me. Funny you mention all those older Weber grills that have become obsolete and hard to find now. I have most of them you talked about!"  8)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 06:30:12 AM »
They're rattin' us out over there.....

"Hey, Road Tips! They're calling you names on the Weber Grill Forum! Looks like you've touched a nerve, you troll!

Posted by: Eric P. | December 07, 2012 at 09:04 AM"

Get Golly 'n' Hogsey in there to stir some shit !!!

I tried to post a pic of 6 or 7 kettles running at once so the guy would know that he's not the only one who cooks on them & doesn't just stand around admiring them....but it wouldn't take a photo, just a link.....not as dramatic......
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:36:18 AM by 1buckie »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 06:52:48 AM »
Wow Husker Red is famous! Can i have your autograph! ;D 8)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
This article had been posted on here sometime back. I made a comment (here, on WKC, in that thread) that the author didn't realize that the colored kettles that he referred to as "god awful" were collectable and retro to some of us. I also wondered why someone would throw out a kettle after 10-15 years when they could and usually last longer. Oh and I used the 'Roll Eyes' icon in my comment.... apparently the author got butthurt! For the record. I use my grills too! There not just to look at! I read that article originally (pre bash edit) and still liked it. I made my comments on here with no anger or intent to offend. If I did, I'm sorry! I'm here for one reason and that is to discuss and share our love for our Weber and any other brand of grills. I contribute what I have learned and researched, if that makes me a snob or a "know-it-all", that's not the intent. Never has been, never will be! Text has a funny way of coming off one way when it was intended another way.  I also like to have fun and humor. If it didn't or doesn't translate that way, I'm sorry. To whomever "Eric P." is, I am no snob! I put up with snobs everyday in my work. A geek, nerd, weird, eccentric, sure! Passionate, absolutely! But I am no snob! I work for a living and come home tired and sweaty everyday. I love my family and I love everyone here on this board and have no enemies. Nor do I ever intend to have or make enemies. If I wanted that, I'd go back to another msg board where the humor is non-exsisent, you get barked at for asking the wrong questions, or ignored and you get defriended by someone for some petty reason. That's NOT me! Thats NOT how I operate! End Rant!  ;)

Craig

P.S. No autographs today, I've got an exclusive interview with Brooke Burke.  :-*
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:58:30 PM by husker_red »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
Thanks for that, Craig........

Not sure why someone would kinda go out of their way, in that way, when all you & we are about is digging in to find out about & preserve the same history the article is about ......

PS: NEVER throw out a Weber

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »
Husker, I wouldn't worry about it.  I've never seen you or anyone here as condescending.  Like you said some one's a little butthurt.  I'm sure its not easy to read comments like that but we love you here so who cares.  This is the best site on the internet for me and everyone here plays an integral part in that.  For that I thank you and every member.   :D Keep up the good work!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 06:14:35 PM »
Good going Craig! We like you just the way you are.  :)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
As a new guy here , I'd just like to say that I have spent hours reading post's and learning, laughing and enjoying what I feel is a pure passion of A truly American Icon. The posts that I have read have been informative, educational and inspirational. Never have I felt belittled, or talked down to! 
With that said, Thank you Craig and all of the Webberfella's that take time out for guy's like me that just want to share in this passion.

P.S. that dude is an sloppy wet shart, Pay him no Mind!!!!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 11:35:40 AM »
Hey Husker
Keep on Keeping it Real
Love your work
Cheers
Hogsy
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution